Gale Banks -- Savage

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Then you should be thinking that maybe he saved a couple guys from having their shit burned down by shops with no clue. Because a shop that dynoes shit by eye with no datalogs will surely burn your shit down.

Doubt he saved them, but it did certainly highlight how NOT to dyno an engine for anything other than fun, which is really all they were doing.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Doubt he saved them, but it did certainly highlight how NOT to dyno an engine for anything other than fun, which is really all they were doing.
No, they are building a high dollar sponsored project with thousands of dudes watching.

Do it right or don't do it all.

This just again highlights that flashy internet influencers don't always know what they **** they are doing.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
No, they are building a high dollar sponsored project with thousands of dudes watching.

Do it right or don't do it all.

This just again highlights that flash influences don't always know what they **** they are doing.

The engine dyno session was essentially "just for fun", otherwise it would have been there for weeks testing and tuning. Just like car show dyno days, show up, run a number, and move on.

But I do agree with you. For such a high profile sponsored project they really missed the mark in multiple ways. Not sure why they didn't seek out some diesel pros to help.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The engine dyno session was essentially "just for fun", otherwise it would have been there for weeks testing and tuning. Just like car show dyno days, show up, run a number, and move on.

But I do agree with you. For such a high profile sponsored project they really missed the mark in multiple ways. Not sure why they didn't seek out some diesel pros to help.

So where is the "serious" video.

Nothing in those clips indicated it was for yucks.

What I see is some haggard CX Racing FMIC and CAI off a Civic slapped on a Duramax.

This isn't a "car show dyno day", this is a bluetooth drive shaft at SEMA - all "look at me, buy our hoodies for $54.99".

Screenshot_20200511-183902.jpeg

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
You can be on either side of the fence, but Gale has moved far beyond his drag racing and boat roots. He now essentially just toots his own horn more than anything and I’ve been unimpressed by some of of his “best on the market” parts solutions including his intake which was a waste of money for me.

I think the Hoonigan shit is utterly stupid, same as all the flat billed pants sagging ricers but I also know what the intention of the video was from Gale and that was simply to cast shade to draw more business.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Who the hell has 20k of parts to blow up for fun?

Users who are viewing this thread