Gains for a stall.....

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
for you guys that have et's from before and after a stall install what did you get out of going to a looser converter? What is the normal gain from stock to say a 2400 stall? Could more than a tenth be picked up in the eighth mile?

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
I'm curious to know myself. I know mine has a stall converter that the previous owner had installed, but heck, I don't know which stall it is. Anyway to tell besides the obvious way of removing everything???:shrug:

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
from what i hear you can gain some significant numbers... i hear thats whats gonna keep me out of the 11's with the KB. only time will tell...

01whiteL

Established Member
Does the stall change the ride on the L or does it stay the same? Any neck snapping like with the ftvb?

Allows you to stall up higher at the line.... as for affecting shifts or "neck snapping" no. Just puts it higher in the rpm range when you pin it. Around town until the trans locks up if you get anywhere past say 1/8-1/4 throttle the rpms will stay higher due to the looser converter.

Last edited:

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
If you can't get good traction off the line with a stock convertor, your tires will spin even worse with higher stall.
Thus, you will probably go slower.

Users who are viewing this thread