GA: FT/FS 1997 HP Twin Turbo Cobra BLK/BLK

HISSN

Established Member
GA: F/T 1997 HP Twin Turbo Cobra BLK/BLK

1997 Cobra
Blk w/Blk Leather
87,000 on body
10,000 on Engine and performance parts

So here's the deal, I'm putting my cobra up pretty much for trade only, but will consider any cash offers. As of right this second the turbos are off and getting rebuilt. Car will be put back together in a few weeks, but I wanted to get this out for anyone that could be interested as I'm getting stationed in San Antonio in the next month and would like to maybe get a deal done before i leave. We're trying to buy a house and need to consolidate my toys. I have my Subaru WRX up for sale too :( now on to the car.

Most people that have never built a turbo car with good parts and have no idea how much money it takes to do it.

So that being said, I know I will be taking a huge loss on the car, but I will not just give it away.

I will start off with the bad of the car, which is the Exterior - 6 or 7/10- Extremely faded and oxidized, with some light dents and the antenna assembly will need replaced. That is it for the bad, over all the car really just needs a good paint job. It has spent the last 6 years outside and as a daily driver up until 2 years ago.

Interior- 9/10 - usual wear on drivers bolster other than that, perfect and clean.

The big stuff:
HP Performance 50mm Kit - added TurboWerx Exa Scavenge Pump
Proline Built shortblock - 8.5:1 compression, stock heads with stiffer valve springs and Melling oil pump
MMR TKO600/Spec 3+
BBS RK's 18X8.5/18X10 - front tires are brand new nitto 555's and will have new rear tires prior to trade.
Strange 31 spline / Auburn diff/ 3.55 gears
MGW Orange handle shifter
Baer EradiSpeed 2-peice Front rotors/braided brake lines/Hawk Brake pads
Dual Aeroforce Scan Guages
Greddy Profec B Boost controller
MM Adjustable LCA
MM UCA
MM Full length Subframe Connectors
UPR front Coilovers
H&R Sport Springs - Rear
60# injectors
Sullivan Fuel Rails
03/04 Cobra Tank/modified Hat w/dual Walboro 255's
SCT multi-tune chip

I have every single receipt for each part and hour paid for to put the car together.

The car will also have a fresh tune once it's put back together. I expect mid 600's.

i'm really just looking for a motorcyle in trade and these are the bikes i'm looking an 09-up GSXR1000, 09-up ZX10R, any Newer Ducati/Triumph/Harley - plus cash on top. The amount of extra cash really depends on bike mileage, mods, etc.

I'm wary to accept any other vehicles as offers, but if it's a camero ss, Trans AM WS6 or Fox notch i may be interested as well, still will need some cash though. so i doubt this will happen

ATTENTION
*****Thank you all so far for your interest in the car thus far, but for those that may want to purchase out right, PM me an offer. You can choose to low ball me as that is your right, but you will just be wasting your time (and mine). That is the reason I am asking for trade because I know most will not want to pay what I want for it in cash*******

Here's some pics, will have interior pics up soon!

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSCN0946.jpg

DSC03409-1.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

Previous Race Gas Tune
SCAN0001.jpg

Previous Pump Gas Tune
SCAN0003.jpg

And one for fun, my daughter :)
DSC01235.jpg

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
The car looks pretty clean. If I didn't just buy a 04 Cobra I would be on this.
GLWS!
BTW your daughter is really cute!

HISSN

Established Member
Sorry for the confusion, I did put f/s, but really just looking for trade + cash. I will always accept offers to purchase out right, but if they're low ball, i'll have to graciously turn them down.

johnsgtr

Established Member
Dang, that's pretty tempting. I have a '09 Ducati Monster 1100 with matte black everything and carbon fiber all over but I'm trying to sell it so I can purchase a SN95 Cobra. In Afghanistan at the moment.

HISSN

Established Member
Dang, that's pretty tempting. I have a '09 Ducati Monster 1100 with matte black everything and carbon fiber all over but I'm trying to sell it so I can purchase a SN95 Cobra. In Afghanistan at the moment.
Mmmm, Ducati :) Just keep an eye out, it may still be available when you get home. Hopefully you dont have too much longer and be safe man!

johnsgtr

Established Member
Mmmm, Ducati :) Just keep an eye out, it may still be available when you get home. Hopefully you dont have too much longer and be safe man!

Yeah it might be. I'm looking at a few tuned Cobras right now, but this one is one of the nicest ones I've seen. Hopefully I can sell the bike when I get home. It's pretty cherry! I'll post some pictures of it in the "for sale" section. I apologize in advance for the quality of pictures as my wife will be taking them. Shes a good photographer, but I don't expect her to push it around and take pics, it's sitting in the garage right now.

HISSN

Established Member
did the exa pump solve the usual "issue" with low mounted turbos? i just bought an exa pump, but sadly i was too late. my turbos need rebuilt too.

Sure did. And if you haven't sent them off yet. Try turbosdirect in pheonix,az. They did an awesome job on the turbos.

HISSN

Established Member
UPDATE: car is back together! Really just needs a good updated tune, turbos are definitely coming on faster and stronger. I'm actually posting this on the road to our new home, San Antonio, TX. As string as she's running now, I may keep her ;)

Keep the trades coming!

-Ryan

mysteed

Established Member
I remember this car from back in the day when I was with MPH. This car is an absolute BEAST and one of the main reasons why I wanted a SN95 Cobra. Good luck with the sale/trade Ryan!

Users who are viewing this thread