G8 GT not bad DD @ 30k

super-roo

Established Member
check out this video review -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8oAhiLNy2s"]YouTube - 2008 Pontiac G8 GT Part 2[/ame]

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
He was ripping balls in that thing. I like them just not in red. It is a great value.

super-roo

Established Member
check out this guy;'s , lowered 1" with 20" rims ---- fwoarrrr ! looks the goods !

Picture084red.jpg

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
You really can't compete with them at the price they are offered for, and the performance they dish out. My cousin is a salesman at a GM dealer, I took one for a "spin." Impressed the hell out of me. Just missing that 6spd though.

super-roo

Established Member
Just missing that 6spd though.

im sure thats coming in '09 with the GXP , with the ls3 6.2l , claimed 0-60 in 4.7 and 3.7 diff ratio , brembo brakes and hsv seats , if they can somehow bring that in at around 35k ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqwQle-myAE"]YouTube - 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP[/ame]

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You really can't compete with them at the price they are offered for, and the performance they dish out. My cousin is a salesman at a GM dealer, I took one for a "spin." Impressed the hell out of me. Just missing that 6spd though.

the 09 gxp will take care of that. 6060 option with the new 400+hp ls3 v8. yes the same v8 that is in the current vette and new ss camaro!

the other daily driver for around 30 is the 05/06 cts v! found one 25k miles for just over $25k. thats a 50k car just 2/3 years ago!:rockon:

Kyo

Established Member
Will be getting a G8 GT in about 2 weeks =D cant wait! test drove one this past weekend and was sold!

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
i read the title wrong. i thought it said "68" GT, as in 1968 mustang GT. little bit of a let down but the G8 is sweet never-the-less

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Nice video and nice car :beer:.

I dig the road tester as well, he seemed to drive it like I drive my cars. Props to him for keeping his foot in it in the corners :pepper:

nhancedsvt

Established Member
that one with the rims posted above is the hotness!!! that would be the first thing i would do to it if i had one...

MidnightRambler

Established Member
The reviewer seemed to be really impressed that the car had an IRS, front and rear sway bars and a limited slip differential.:dw:

Oh well, I personally can't see paying 30k for a car that looks just like every other Pontiac sedan made in the last 20 years. I'll pass...

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
There's something about every car I don't like, and this one is the taillights. They look like ass.

I only say this, cause that's probably the only part of this car I'll ever get to see on the street.

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
There's something about every car I don't like, and this one is the taillights. They look like ass.

I don't know if you guys will get the "HSV" style tail lights in the G8 GXP but they certainly change the look of the car from behind. They fit all models too so if you had a G8 you could retro fit.

The difference is that instead of occupying the whole corner, they are half the height and have a fake trim panel added above to create the upper "corner". The lights are LED's too. 2 circles intersecting with each other.

http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/Eseries/clubsportr8/clubsportr8.asp?ID=Style
http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/Eseries/gts/gts.asp?ID=Style

Here's the explanation from their website:
One look at the bold new rear tail light design will convince you that seeing really is believing. Featuring European styled twin-intercepting LED rings and inbuilt reflex reflectors, the new E Series tail lights provide maximum visibility in all driving conditions. They combine groundbreaking technology and design previously reserved only for luxury marques.

In another Australian first, the rear lights also cleverly incorporate LED turn indicators. Of course great looks are one thing, however this striking design also adds an extra dimension of rear and side vehicle visibility. It’s just another reason why the all new E Series is the undisputed king of the road, leading the way in performance vehicle design and passenger safety.

Look in the Gallery to see the images and you'll undertand what I'm talking about.

Oz.

Last edited:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
there's one down the street from me, i had no idea they were all that. looks just like the one in the op.

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
Oh, and you can also get 22" wheels for that model in Oz as well, so I'm guessing they'll be available in the USA soon.

Users who are viewing this thread