Fyi - scissor jack

califsp

Established Member
My '13 GT came with the air compressor and can of sealant instead of a spare tire and jack. I bought a wheel that cleared the brembos and put a scissor jack in the trunk. Had a flat in a rear tire yesterday. My car is lowered and the jack could not fit under the side skirt with the tire flat. You will need a jack that is less than 4 inches high when closed if you are going to add one. Hope this helps anyone who wants to be prepared like me.

califsp

Established Member
If you mean lock it down in the wheel well, the compressor
is held in place from the factory by a hook, washer and nut
that normally would be used for a spare. I keep everything in a
toolbag I got at Harbor freight for $14 instead od trying to clamp
It all down under the spare.

CharlieR

Established Member
I did the cell phone one yesterday. Well 1st I took off the race star and realized "mag lugs aren't going to hold the spare on". Lol got 4 lugs delivered. PS I hate people who don't clean out their pick up beds and drop roofing nails onto the interstate(especially when one gets into my 1 week old 295/45/17 ET Street II. :()

vortecd

Established Member
Most people find out the hard way about changing a flat tire that they can't. Good info about the jack

95_Slowbra

Established Member
I had a flat on my old Cobra. Left the locking lug nut key in the tool box at home. Lets just say the 14' has the security package, my lug nut key goes everywhere with it. (Don't know why, not like I have a spare.)

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Clevor1

Established Member
To the OP, do you have 19" wheels stock, like on a Track Pack? Is it OK to drive home with an 18" tire on one side? On the rear, I heard it might mess up the differential. For the front, does it affect handling?

Users who are viewing this thread