FYI: GM and Ford Catalyic Converters...

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
one guy posted this
Yup sold two stang h-pipes, an x pipe, and a pair of LS1 cats for $400 last week.

http://www.motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42705

Stray Cats
Steve
313-971-6619

I called Steve and talked to him. He says $18 per pre-cat and $40 per regular cat. He is going to determine if they are pre-cats or regular and come up with a price for us.

Should be somewhere between $72 and $116 a piece for our totally unsellable h-pipes we all have laying around, I have two here.
They buy loose cats and aftermarket ones too.

Best part of the deal, they pick up. Might be some places offering more, have not really looked into it anymore than the one call.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Thats pretty cool, I have 2 after market impala ss ones, 2 stock impala ss ones, and 2 aftermarket cobra ones. They are in my parents barn, so I might as well get rid of em.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Steve says our stock H's are 4 pre-cats so he will pay $72 ea. Contact # above if you want them gone.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Just called him. He is coming over tomorrow evening to pick up my '01 midpipe and '03 midpipe. Said $80 per set so that should be $360 if I do my math correctly. Sounds like a nice guy. He buys them for scrap he said.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I wonder how much platinum is used in a catalytic converter? Thats the expensive stuff right there. I have some cats laying around. Mod money!

Users who are viewing this thread