Future production plans for SVT

VENOM650R

Established Member
I think Bill Ford's and John Coletti's first priority as far as future SVT plans go should be to fix the '03 Cobra so it doesn't STALL and kill someone!!!:bash: :burn: :cuss: :xpl: :rolleyes: :mj:
They should be more concerned about their current SVT customers actually having a FUTURE instead of what they are going to produce next that due to an engine failure ends up killing more future customers.

Last edited:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by VENOM650R
I think Bill Ford's and John Coletti's first priority as far as future SVT plans go should be to fix the '03 Cobra so it doesn't STALL and kill someone!!!:bash: :burn: :cuss: :xpl: :rolleyes: :mj:
They should be more concerned about their current SVT customers actually having a FUTURE instead of what they are going to produce next that due to an engine failure ends up killing more future customers.
Including you?:shrug:

Who died?

VENOM650R

Established Member
Originally posted by rskdsk
Venom650R: Well said!

Thanks rskdsk! How is your lemon law proceeding going on your STALLING Cobra? Seems some die hard Ford people will accept any POS Ford sells them and try to defend it. Very sad!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
SVT doing something about the wheel hop would be nice also. I never had a car before that I couldn't floor when I wanted to without violent banging and/or breakage.

El Culebra

Established Member
Thank you, Amen

I thought I would never say this but, for the first time today I said come get this POS from this F*&ked up dealer ship that it's in.

My little story:

I had the tick problem Lief Johnson Ford in Austin, TX fixed it they also said they would fix my tranny which I thought was running fine, I trusted the SVT Service Mngr. big mistake. I had to take it back for clutch chirping, they fixed it. I move back to California thank GOD, now it starts to chirp agian, I take it to Frontier Ford the service advisor we haven't been able to replicate the problem...by the way your underdrive pulley needs work but we can't touch it because you have modified your super charger pulley, I told him that he was full of it. I told him to prove to me that that smaller pulley cuased the problem, not. The service guy also stated they haven't been able to pin point the clutch chirp. Does any body know anything.

I am very pissed off right now I had this underdrive pulley go bad and it was fixed by my original dealer choice of service this is going to sound ignorant but I swear if they don't fix it you'll be reading about in the paper a fricken Taurus is built better.

F*&ked Dealers list

Lief Johnson Ford, frcken Austin,TX
Covert Ford Ford, fricken Austin, TX
Frontier Ford fricken Santa Clara,CA
Peninsula Ford, fricken Stanford country,
Palo Alto, CA Go Bears

I can't stand Euro cars but now they are starting to look good.

:xpl: :burn: :cuss: :shrug: :cryying:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Its a shame when you go to try and help someone with their car and they stab you in the back. Miguel, people like yourself are the reason that dealers don't want to help people with modded cars like yours. I imagine if you keep bashing people behind their back that they will probably void your warranty.

El Culebra

Established Member
Do you have an 03?

Did you pay or fork out 35k in cash?

Look when I bought the car I didn't buy any friends or special treatment?

You mean to tell me that you who ever you are you went out of your way to help me?

Look I assume Lance, I am sorry about how I stated my frustrations but I meant what I said, Freedom of speech doesn't void my warranty.

I want to make peace with you e-mail privately and I will provide my number?

Mm

El Culebra

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Its a shame when you go to try and help someone with their car and they stab you in the back. Miguel, people like yourself are the reason that dealers don't want to help people with modded cars like yours. I imagine if you keep bashing people behind their back that they will probably void your warranty.

I don't hide behind anything we can discuss this further via phone and I won't do it behind anyones back I will tell you in your face?

I don't play chess but it's your move? Mr. Advisor Man.

El Culebra

Established Member
Look I'll shut up now I'll just take my Cobra and watch it rot for now I shouldn't complain what do I expect sorry for my next comment but I don't want to offend any one, it's Ford.

: (

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
hmmm... I had a great experiece with Frontier. but I was only there for minor work. the guy I worked with actually waited untill my car was done to go to lunch, by then it was like 2pm.
the techs were pretty friendly too.

akaeric

Established Member
I haven't really stopped and just pop the clutch to see what she does I've had the backend fish a little maybe I might go do that tomrrow to see if I get a wheel hop. I haven't seemed to have ahy problems but have notice poor craftman ship to suppost be hand built cars missing bolts like someone just didn't finish the job theres that gap wear the plastic that goes around the shift area and the radio maybe I'm spoiled getting out of a Jap. I don't know sorry to hear of your problems and hope I don't run into any right now just paid it off.
On the stopping of the SVT or Cobra I think we have had this on another thread but anyway it will make our cobras and theses forums fu as hell more mod equipment and online shops and better tech section which would be nice to have. I would like to just have a shop manual on a 2003 cobra I had one on the 300z on CD and it was nice to have. The new body style what 2005 mustage there suppost to be a 400 hp model and a hefty price tag on it I like the new look if they don't mess it up from the show car. And if the goverment regs don't screw this HP war up again lie it done before.

rocketman

Established Member
Ford screwed us

Well I haven't had any serious problems with mine yet. I have owned it for a year and have 2,000 miles. I have taken my car for only routine service, but I do get treated like a smuck. Premium SVT service. Yeah right. These Ford dealerships must think we are stupid for buying these POS. I certainly feel stupid for trusting Ford, especially since I knew about the crap they put out over the years. All they care about is selling their cars in high volume. My limited edition Cobra is not so limited addition with 13,500 being make. Ford is not doing the right thing by me for not recalling their ticking engines. Got to wonder if they even tested these cars before they produced them. Seems like they just slapped some parts together. But I guess that is the difference between the Corvette and Mustang. Chevy builds a car from the frame up to be a performance car and Ford builds a Cobra on top of a V6 Mustang.

Dewalt03Cobra

NASCAR Fanatic
Established Member
If Your unhappy get something else!!!

Well I haven't had any serious problems with mine yet. I have owned it for a year and have 2,000 miles. I have taken my car for only routine service, but I do get treated like a smuck. Premium SVT service. Yeah right. These Ford dealerships must think we are stupid for buying these POS. I certainly feel stupid for trusting Ford, especially since I knew about the crap they put out over the years. All they care about is selling their cars in high volume. My limited edition Cobra is not so limited addition with 13,500 being make. Ford is not doing the right thing by me for not recalling their ticking engines. Got to wonder if they even tested these cars before they produced them. Seems like they just slapped some parts together. But I guess that is the difference between the Corvette and Mustang. Chevy builds a car from the frame up to be a performance car and Ford builds a Cobra on top of a V6 Mustang.

I worked for two different companies that make car parts for the Big Three ( Ford, General Motors, Chrysler) in the past 15 years and your statement about the Crapvette is a load of BULL****. Many of the suspension parts we thought were SCRAP, "General Junk" accepted. I'm talking casting with stuctural voids in them. And when we made Precision tooling for them the tolerances were so high, I didn't need a CNC to make it, our manual 1920's POS lathe worked just fine. Leaving the 7-Axis Walters CNC's open to run Ford, Chrysler, and all our Military Product. If your willing to buy a Vette, go for it. I personally know two acquiatances who died in them. One hit a tree at 70 MPH head on and cut the car in half. The other hit an overpass barrier at 60 MPH. IF I would have been that unlucky and bought a Vette when I graduated instead of my GT Mustang I also would have been dead when I hit a tree head on at 85 MPH. GM's Quality Standard is the lowest in the industry, but their great at pretending it's good though.:shrug:

Last edited:

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
I had a tranny and clutch problem and it was handled with a smile by my dealer. They replaced both. I run the crap out of the car and it's my daily driver. I couldn't be happier. More power to come. More power may mean problems but that is my choice. These cars are awesome. I remember when you couldn't buy a car that could get out of it's own way. We should be thankful that Ford has given us this vehicle. How would you like to be a Camaro or Trans Am enthusiest? There are always going to be incidents of a bad vehicle or a bad dealer. That doesn't mean all vehicles are bad or all dealers are bad.

Users who are viewing this thread