future owner. need info

03svt01gt

Established Member
Alright so in the next few months I will be in the position to get a different dd and im looking into getting a 96-98 cobra. I just have a few questions.

1. My drive often changes so one month I may drive 120 miles a day and others only 15. What is the average mpg you guys get n/a and also guys on low boost with vortech or procharger?

2. How reliable would a high 3xx hp cobra be for dd? 98% of the time I am very light footed.

3. How streetable are centrifugal superchargers. I had a 502 rwhp 03 cobra for a few years and was great on the street. Im just not very familiar with centri superchargers.

The two main reasons im looking into a sc on is for one I don't want to get bored with the car and be just always wanting something else. And two I don't wanna get crushed by my friends

But please any info would be helpful or even just opinions for why I should do one thing and not the other. Thanks!

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
I drive mine 100 miles a day. Seems to be holding up pretty good. I have a light foot as well for the most part. Mine is mostly stock and I get around 300 miles to a tank.

pacific4v

Established Member
You'll probably get better mileage with a centrifugal supercharger than you did with your eaton on ur old cobra. If your not in boost, which is usually 3k rpm+, it'll drive just like a stock cobra and get similar mileage. A non intercooled vortech with the stock pulley should put you in the mid to upper 300s and still be reliable and quick. Id probably get some 3.73 gears to go with it. They're a good balance between mileage and performance.

03svt01gt

Established Member
Would a intercooled set up offer any benefits for a sub 400 hp set up? Or just overkill? And thanks for the info

MustangMatt77

Established Member
I got a 96 DD, 138K + miles, all original except the exhaust. Around 20 mpg on a good day, but my foot is heavy and I like it that way.
No clue on the forced induction stuff. I also drive anywhere from 30 to 60 miles a day.

Users who are viewing this thread