Future Driveline Upgrades. Would like input?!?

1s9v9t7

Demand It All
Established Member
Sup Guys!
Been saving money for a little while now. And have been beat by too many new 5.0's and G8's. Time for an upgrade. Plan to pick up the new TVS or save cash and find a used whipple. As the car sits, 34k miles, 2.8 pulley, intake, exhaust, and short throw. I think the throwout bearing is starting to go. But the stock clutch is still gripping.
Either way, wanna do it right and set the important stuff up first.
My plan is....

Promotion 750 11" Blus print Hi-clamp clutch +kit
----Not planning on going that high, but just like the added room for only $50

And Promotions 3pc clutch adjuster kit: Firewall adjuster, double hook quadrant, and short adjustable cable.

A 26 spline input shaft. Which ever is better, I heard that Promotion sells Tremec 26 spline.

Lethals throw out bearing sleeve retainer

And I guess I need a new flywheel, I understand I can get the stock refitted with a new friction plate. But as this is my Daily, I would prefer not to have to wait for a part to mailed back. But if you can tell me the some good things?!!? then maybe.

I'm just looking for input and advice. Things I might have missed, needed, or warnings I should be aware of. This will be my first clutch install, and I have access to a lift and tools at the Auto hobby shop on base.
Thanks guys for the input and your time!
-John

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
I just did something very similar. I went with the McLeod RST, Spec Aluminum Flywheel, Lethal TOB Sleeve, FRPP TO and Pilot Bearings, D&D 26 spline, Lethal 26 spline shim kit, Lakewood pivot ball and reused the stock cable. I didn't end up needing the adjustable pivot ball. One thing I probably should have done was the head cooling mod while I could get to the area. I'd say you are pretty close to having all you need. Good Luck

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Time for an upgrade. Plan to pick up the new TVS or save cash and find a used whipple.

We have the VMP TVS 2.3 in stock and ready to ship.
We also have a used Whipple 2.3 Gen 1 for sale.
If you are interested let me know.

I ran the Promotion 750.
It was very streetable and held a lot of power.
The price is right also.

Tractionless1

Established Member
You list looks good but use only a OEM cable. Also FRPP throwout bearing only. I'm having good luck with the Fidanza Aluminum flywheel. I also recommend the clutch freeplay and lower pedal height kits and I believe Lethal has them or was atleast working on getting them in their inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread