Future Cobra Values

PearlWhiteGT

Do you guys see these Cobra's continuing to increase in value in the future? Currently looking at one 100% stock with about 80K miles and debating on picking it up now or waiting till later for another one. Not sure if 80K miles is still considered low mileage on these Cobras. I know the super low mileage ones bring big money.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Prices will be higher “in the future.” That said, prices are absolutely nuts right now. I would expect a correction somewhat soon. I have no crystal ball, but I’ve seen values skyrocket on my cars. I don’t see this rapid uptick in prices to be sustainable. Prices might come down a bit in the next year, two or three, but these cars are limited, old and desirable. The long term price trend will be up.

q6543

Established Member
If you buy an 80k mile cobra, expect to lose a decent amount of money.

10 grand minimum loss. Then if it ends up less you did well.

WillyB93

Established Member
Do you guys see these Cobra's continuing to increase in value in the future? Currently looking at one 100% stock with about 80K miles and debating on picking it up now or waiting till later for another one. Not sure if 80K miles is still considered low mileage on these Cobras. I know the super low mileage ones bring big money.
These cars have done nothing but rise in the last ten years, low mileage cars to higher mileage cars included. I am sure they will plateau at some point, but if you didn't buy it now then the prices jump even higher. IMO a higher mileage car may be a better buy, someone will always have 15-30k to buy a play car verse 50-75k.

It also depends how much said car is now, then how much you will have to put into it to meet your wants. I also like finding stuff somewhat local, so if you have to add shipping into the deal on another car the $$ adds up quick.

chad951

Established Member
Premium Member
I have seen asking prices all over the place on these cars and all of them are nuts, IMHO. Not sure how many cars are actually selling at these high prices. Next year is the 30th anniversary for the car so I expect interest will increase but if the economy continues to tank there will be a correction on the higher mileage, non-collector grade cars as others have mentioned. I feel that I got mine cheap enough for what I intend to do with the car. However, future values are irrelevant to me as I do not plan on selling the car until I am old and gray. I am just glad I found what I did for the price I paid because I couldn't justify modding a pristine car at current prices.

Users who are viewing this thread