Futile attempt, but I will try once again... (track invite)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Well, maybe I'm wrong. There might be different requirements for Hyperdrives and HPDE. You might want to check with Laura.

The instructions for signing up for a Hyperdrive just say "Every car must pass a basic technical inspection for safety reasons." and then refer to the standard NASA Tech form which includes under Safety Equipment: "roll bars in open cars".

However, the CCR ( http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf ) says under section 11.4.7 "All open cars should have a roll bar
installed to help protect the occupant(s) from injury during a roll-over. The roll bar should be
able to withstand the compressional forces
involved in supporting the full weight of the car. The roll bar’s main hoop should extend
the full width of the car (except certain cars that have been approved by NASA). The
main hoop shall be one continuous piece with smooth bends and no evidence of
crimping or wall failure shall be present (i.e. should be Mandrel bends). All welds should
be of the highest possible quality, with full penetration [Ref: (15.6.15)]. All cars with roll
bars are required to have adequate roll bar padding per CCR section #15.6.4. In cases
where the driver’s head may come in contact with the roll bar should the seatback fail, a
seatback brace is required in conformance with section #15.6.22. The material and
minimums are as follows: (All cars with full roll cages should conform to the applicable
sections found in section #15.0.)"

Does your Z pass the broomstick test? If not, no instructor will get in it. The hard top really doesn't matter unless it's metal, and welded on.

Take the Porsche. It's red! :rockon:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
The P is going up to AT Speed for oil, trans fluid, brake lines and brakes next week. Running the P on the 19th. I haven't seen anyone else joining in the ranks. Jon? Coming up? Greg?

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I can't make it up that weekend. I will be running down at CMP... I would rather run with you guys at SP as the track temps will be over 100 down at CMP.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I am running in HPDE. I could lobby to be put in a different group, but I have never run with NASA MA before. Are they strict?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
They'd want to look at your SE logbook. But usually the HPDEs fill up about the same time.
If you've done some successful HPDE3, you might see about a ridealong to try out for TT, but there's no guarantee you could run it that weekend.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm leaving for VIR this coming Thursday morning.
Stopping at Performance Autosport on the way for George's tune and dyno, then on to UTCC.
Should be back by September unless all goes horribly wrong.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Greg,

It looks like I will see you there! They had a spot for me after all. I am rooming with Kevin at the Lodge. I will look for you guys when I get there on Friday early-evening. This is what I will be driving:
34061_403502377676_545927676_4545993_3930732_n.jpg

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Actually, I'm gonna end up missing this. My daughter had an accident in Philly, and I have to deal with it this coming Thur & Fri.
I'm not happy, this is the first UTCC I had a chance to go to, and this has to come down. :fm:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Sorry Greg. Must be a bummer, but you always do the right thing. You can always stay there until Saturday and meet us at Tony Luke's for Cheesesteaks at 2 and run back home with the group?

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I will be up at Watkins Glen in August & then at CMP in September for Lemons. I am also considering doing Wilderness Trail at VIR to see if Top Gear will be sticking around.

Users who are viewing this thread