Fusion Near Break Even

oldmodman

Established Member
I sure hope that they can reach break-even someday.

But I doubt that I will live to see it.

The scientific community has been saying "just a few more years" since I first started getting interested in fusion in 1960.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I sure hope that they can reach break-even someday.

But I doubt that I will live to see it.

The scientific community has been saying "just a few more years" since I first started getting interested in fusion in 1960.

That will be my only regret in life too, that I dont live forever to see all the awsome shit human kind will achive.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
A good article. But like oldmodman said, scientists have been saying fusion power production is 10-15 years away, ever since the late '50's.

I had no idea Sandia was now wholly owned by Lockheed-Martin.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
A good article. But like oldmodman said, scientists have been saying fusion power production is 10-15 years away, ever since the late '50's.

I had no idea Sandia was now wholly owned by Lockheed-Martin.

To be fair Jim, those estimates are always based on "if the current funding stays the same" however the funding has been gradually decreasing over time, the net result being it's always a decade away.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
To be fair Jim, those estimates are always based on "if the current funding stays the same" however the funding has been gradually decreasing over time, the net result being it's always a decade away.

well, the government funding for programs like this has to go to entitlement programs.. someone's gotta feed the hungry that are on welfare..

Users who are viewing this thread