Fuse Diagram?

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
My buddy's L has no owner's manual, and for some reason all of a sudden, when you turn his ignition on, his tach and speedo gets pegged all the way down, and then goes back to normal until you turn the truck on. I just figured it's a fuse in the wrong position since he said he had to pull some out, and I'm willing to bet he put one back in the wrong spot. Thanks for any help.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
if the gauges are sweeping sounds like the battery is going south...

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
Could be the alternator then. Erratic gauges could be signs of voltage issues. Voltage output should be 14.2-14.5 and I am not sure what the minimum amperage output of are alternators is.

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Hmm, alright then. Crap Zone should be able to tell us if the alternator is going bad right?

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
If you can find a NAPA, go there. If not then try auto zone or advance. What year is the L and what is the mileage, is there a lot of after market car stereo in it?

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Thanks a lot guys! It's a '99, 67k on it, bone stock except for a K&N drop in. (Does that even count? lol)

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Damn! Of course I can't see the pictures because of work filters. Anyone else have them?

Users who are viewing this thread