Fury & gone girl

Branhammer

Established Member
Saw Gone Girl with the wife last weekend. She read the book first and was pretty excited. For the most part, she has good taste in movies so I expected it to be good. It turned out to be GREAT. The movie was kind of a mind-****.

Anything with Barney Stinson in it earns points with me.
[video=youtube;v5ZJa17jiL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZJa17jiL0[/video]

Last edited:

Steve@Tasca

Just saw Fury with my father and son, very good movie and Pitt was phenomenal, beautifully shot and for the most part very accurately done.

Well worth seeing, I can't put it at Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers though.

I will say it's about time the Tankers got their due in a movie that truly depicts what they were up against and what they went through.

Spoilers below.

No chance that three Shermans would have gone straight across an open field against a Tiger, by that point in the war they were well aware that it would be sheer suicide. Standard tactics would have been to split off in three directions using their one advantage which was speed against the slow traverse speed of the Tigers turret, the Tiger may get two but by that time the third would be behind them and they'd be done. Which brings up the point that the Germans were also aware of this and a lone Tiger may have thought twice about taking on more than two Shermans at a time at anything other than very long range.

I also don't believe the last stand would have lasted anywhere near that long, the Germans weren't stupid and would have been well aware that a frontal assault on a disabled tank with small arms fire is pointless. They would have had the Panzerfausts in action almost immediately and the tank would have been done for.

-Steve

Last edited:

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Just saw Fury with my father and son, very good movie and Pitt was phenomenal, beautifully shot and for the most part very accurately done.

Well worth seeing, I can't put it at Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers though.

I will say it's about time the Tankers got their due in a movie that truly depicts what they were up against and what they went through.

Spoilers below.

No chance that three Shermans would have gone straight across an open field against a Tiger, by that point in the war they were well aware that it would be sheer suicide. Standard tactics would have been to split off in three directions using their one advantage which was speed against the slow traverse speed of the Tigers turret, the Tiger may get two but by that time the third would be behind them and they'd be done. Which brings up the point that the Germans were also aware of this and a lone Tiger may have thought twice about taking on more than two Shermans at a time at anything other than very long range.

I also don't believe the last stand would have lasted anywhere near that long, the Germans weren't stupid and would have been well aware that a frontal assault on a disabled tank with small arms fire is pointless. They would have had the Panzerfausts in action almost immediately and the tank would have been done for.

-Steve

Saw Fury Friday night, great movie but I must agree with the above. I was in the theater like, um What?? Loved watching the germans trying to lay waste to a tank with machine guns though lol. These were supposedly the SS, the bad boys german army right? Yet they let their entire division get owned by a single broke assed tank?

SBVERT03

Established Member
Saw Gone Girl on Saturday with the gf. We both really enjoyed it. It's one of those movies that I continued to think about later that night and the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread