further updates for upcoming spring dyno day in chicagoland

eddy z

Established Member
At this point I have been in direct contact with LS1 Speed shop in Schaumburg, IL. Yes, they focus in on both GM and SVT. They also provide tuning as well.. So far, they are quality.

here is the break down i have so far. A normal dyno order consists of 2 pulls at $90. If I can get 10 cars for one Sat morning dyno session. They will charge $65 for 2 pulls.. Anyone interested at this point?

If anyone has questions? Fire away, and I will research all of them direct with LS1 Speed, and advise back with the intel.

I am thinking a March or April sat morning for the dyno day..

thoughts, feedback is welcomed..

thanks

cdh027

Established Member
Late March or early April would be perfect. Problem is, nobody else is responding ?????????????

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I would be interested in participating.
Problem is, I don't know what condition my car will be in at that time. I will be happy to have it done by May.
If they can do tuning with the Diablo chip and if I am not satisfied with the current burn I have, I may run up there to see if they can improve it, if necessary.

Dana

03CobraRed

Established Member
I would probably be interested, I am getting the revised heads on my car in early feb. so I would like to see what kind of power my car puts out without blowby.

eddy z

Established Member
we could do may as well... i am open and basing all on the weather as well since the cobra is in storage..

Istill plan on hitting these guys up for a dyno irregardless on the feedback,ect.. there prices are quite responable.

they do work on burns and tunes as they advised me.. could be another resource for us..

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
I have spoken with Jon there many times about my 03 cobra. They have some KILLER rides there regardless of the fact that they are FBodies, they are SICK. Very cool guy and I would use them for anything that I needed. I would go to a dyno day there without question, maybe they could install my cage there. that day.

cdh027

Established Member
Justen, is Jon the owner of Speed Inc. ? If so, and you know him fairly well, could you let him know we would like to plan a dyno day in March/April and we'll play it by ear until we get closer to nailing down a date (weather dependant of course). This way he at least knows there's interest brewing. :beer:

BLUBYU2

Established Member
Count me in. My friend just had is 00 SS there and they installed the an NX kit. From everything I have heard they are very reputable. I would be interested in March or April to get some base line numbers before all hell breaks loose.:D

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Count me in. I guess I'd better get my exhaust on before then.

Are you gonna send a reminder once you get a date nailed down?

Also, May would probably be better. Or whenever the snow stops around here.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Problem is, I don't know what condition my car will be in at that time. I will be happy to have it done by May.
Hopefully the ****ing Works will come out soon and end this "two weeks" bullshit. I went from being all about the Works to leaning VERY hard towards Procharger.

How about you Dan? Still holding steadfast with the Works?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Don't forget that the MSC is at the end of May, so don't schedule it for then. I doubt if I will have any mods worth re-dynoing over, but I will try to cruise out and say hi. :)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Hank,
I'm laying back, just waiting to see who comes out with what and when. I was really hoping for the Works to make it to market, but it is kind of iffy right now, or so it seems. I still have my fingers crossed though.

I figure whichever way it goes, it will only take a day for the install. I already have my headers on. :p

I may just end up doing the Apten for this year. The car should run 10's as it sits now, now that the clutch is working. :)
I'll be happy with that. The Apten should push me up past 600 if all goes as planned. That will do for now.

Dan

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Jon handles web development for them and he also handles all the new products and does a ton of tuning for them. I will talk to him and see what we can do and when we can do it. You guys decide on a good weekend and we can go from there. They are open on saturdays from 9-12 and if we could get enough people there, they may stay open longer/open earlier for us.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
I figure whichever way it goes, it will only take a day for the install. I already have my headers on. :p
Thats a low blow Dan:)

I cant see you just going with the Apten. After all of this I cant see you running anything less that 650 all blower. Thats just my perspective though:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread