funny vid of a civic vs a saleen

svtpower

Established Member
Originally posted by seunglee
Damn that makes me want to sell my <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> and get a evo or sti.
:nonono: saleens look a whole lot better :rockon:

dtd01svt

Established Member
Originally posted by mikep01
when i use to wrench for ford, i drove a couple of saleens one super charged and was not impressed. i thought the cobras at the time ran beter.

I thought all Saleens were supercharged??!!:shrug:

02lightning

Established Member
what really gets me is that most people wont stick up for imports where everyone says slow saleen a handful said nice civic....civics with a motor swap can easy run faster than cobras and lightnings personally ive heard of 10 second civics around my area but anyways great video i loved the peace sign then the look of shock haha keep the vids comin

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by 02lightning
what really gets me is that most people wont stick up for imports where everyone says slow saleen a handful said nice civic....civics with a motor swap can easy run faster than cobras and lightnings personally ive heard of 10 second civics around my area but anyways great video i loved the peace sign then the look of shock haha keep the vids comin
Well that is all news to me I know that they "can" be fast but believe me it takes ALOT to make them run better than cobra's and lightnings.A guy where I live has an import shop and he has a hatchback civic with a motor swap and every thing available for it and it only ran all motor a 13.8. And even after the turbo it was only runnin low 12's with the very ocasional 11.9. Not bad but that was basically a stripped down race car. And all said and done he spent way more money than me when I ran a 12.1 on my stock 94 cobra with gears and exhaust and a 150 shot.So the reason I don't give civics credit is because one they are very slow and two they look like ass. Even if someone does have a fast civic I still say "why"And I am not flamng you I am just stating what I have witnessed as far as civics are concerned

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Originally posted by NITMARE
Even if someone does have a fast civic I still say "why"And I am not flamng you I am just stating what I have witnessed as far as civics are concerned

i say the exact same thing! the reason is anyone can make anything fast. all it takes is money so a fast honda is still a fast honda. they are just economy cars, thats it ill never say nice civic to anyone. sorry im biased i know but i do like nice imports i.e. STis', rx-7s, supras and such but why a honda? its just a waste money and in their case a big waste of money to make them fast.
and im pretty sure more than a motor swap is required for 10s. maybe that plus turbo, and nos and then you might have an 11 sec car.
Jd

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Heck for a second I thought the Honda was gonna take him down, Scary stuff. Saleen is starting to get a bad rap on the performance side of things. I'm sure they are not too far from fixing that however, they will return with a vengance. 281E is still pricey for the goods, another cold killer like the SC'd 351 has to be in the works.

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by terrible one
i say the exact same thing! the reason is anyone can make anything fast. all it takes is money so a fast honda is still a fast honda. they are just economy cars, thats it ill never say nice civic to anyone.
No shit if you were going to build an import why wouldn't you at least start with a performance car.You don't see us ford guys tring to spend 10 grand to make a 10 second crown vic.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Nitmare, I can think of 2 reasons, one a valid point is insurance costs, a young guy I know with a 97 cobra was paying 7k a year, 2 they watch movies and read import mags.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread