Funny turbocharged '00 R thread - of interest -LOL

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
A few people got a kick out of this, figured the '00 R owners have probably seen this by now. And if you haven't, click on the following link.
His thread did not manage to fool very many people....he was caught red-handed. LOL Enjoy...

turbocharged '00R

:beer:

Andy M

Established Member
It sure looks to be the real deal, but there is no way of telling for sure from these particular pictures. The one giveaway that it is probably NOT a real one is the intake looks to be too short??? at least from the angle the picture was taken?? our real R intakes are very long, covering the entire length of the engine.

The setup is of course all custom as there are no bolt on kits available for our cars, since the production numbers are so low.

The guy on our forum who owns a real one with this setup may chime in and let us know if this in fact is HIS car??

Last edited:

Speedthing

It about CHANGING LANES
Established Member
I believe this car is the real deal, not a replica. I recognize the license plate and the referal to being "clean for a desert car." This car indeed is down here in the valley of the sun. I have personally seen this car and talked to the owner a number of times before and after the turbo was installed. All I can say is that the turbo set up, plumbing, custom headers and exhaust are works of art. Very, very nicely done. If I remember correctly, the rear wheel hp was near the mid 500's. Last that I heard, the car was recently or will soon be featured in one of the Mustang mags. Definitely one of the baddest Cobra R's on the planet right now.

Speedthing
-----------------
2000 R
'96 Cobra conv. spchg

Andy M

Established Member
Upon closer inspection of all the pics, it sure does seem to be a real R. I am convinced this one belongs to one of the guys who frequents this forum every now and then. Can't remember his board name or where he's from...but I am pretty sure this is his car?..

Speedthing

It about CHANGING LANES
Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Upon closer inspection of all the pics, it sure does seem to be a real R. I am convinced this one belongs to one of the guys who frequents this forum every now and then. Can't remember his board name or where he's from...but I am pretty sure this is his car?..

The real owner's name is Mike and he lives here in Phoenix. Car was bought from a dealer in Oregon last summer. That is one "bad" ride that he actually uses as his daily driver. A true super high performance street car.

-----------------
Speedthing
2000R #164
'96 Cobra conv. spchg

Users who are viewing this thread