Funny Lumina story

Elliotness

Established Member
Funny story,

Last week I'm leaving work when I see a friend of mine coming into the parking lot. He looks at the 03 and goes ape shit. There are not many 03's in El Paso, I have only seen one other a mineral grey coupe. Anyway, I never drive the 03 to work. I have a company car. My friend loves the car and asks for a quick trip on the loop. So I take him on the loop, a very desolate stretch of four lane highway. I get on it a little bit and take him from 20-80 so he can hear the blower whine, he loves it. He's got this huge grin on his face. I decide that I need to get him back so I can do the Christmas shopping.

On the way back this clown pulls up to me in a Chevy Lumina. He stomps the gas and lets off two or three times he obviously wants to race. Racing just isn't my style but I'm not about to get punked by a Lumina. Anyway, the guy takes off. I pass him and put about 10 car lengths on him. I slow down and let him catch up. Then the clown attempts to do the "ricer flyby." I don't let him I accelerate and keep him about a car length behind me. THEN IT HAPPENS. SMOKE FROM THE HOOD OF THE LUMINA. The guy romps the brakes, the rear end of the car picthes up and he swerves over to the shoulder. It was friggen hilarious. My and my buddy are cracking up. Anyway I don't stop, I return to the office.

I go into the office and remember that there is a report that I need to draft. I finish the report about an hour later and head home. I get to the loop and the LUMINA guy is still under the hood of his car. I give him a complemantary "Honk, honk" the guy looks up from across four empty lanes and throws me "The Bird." It was friggen priceless.... Anyway I just had to share.

Venmus

Established Member
Had that happen with a ricer in while I was in the 99 cobra. Had the top down enjoying a great day and this little ricer, I think it was a Nissan (couldnt really tell through all the stickers and air damns & spoilers) comes running up beside me and I can hear some sort of turbo going. He hammers it and trys to pass, I downshift and stand on it and blow his doors off. Then as I slow down he trys the ricer flyby, but as he gets up next to me I stand on it again. You can really hear his tubo howling this time, (i think it was a turbo, hell may have been bad bearings on his alternator lol) and all of a sudden something lets loose unders his hood and BOOM a large plum of smoke from the rear end. I think acutally a cooler line let loose, becuase it was light grey smoke. As I exited the highway and am waiting at the light a guy pulls up next to me in a Crown Vic and rolls his window down and says that was one of the funniest things he had ever seen.

coleman

Established Member
ditto, but it was a very nice blown 2001 (i think) mustang GT.
we got on it in first and by second, he's falling behind and something is obviously wrong ... smoke/vapors ... he blew a coolant line -- luckily not bad, didn't overheat.
i had nothing better to do, so i stuck around and helped out all i could. i even offered him a ride back home.

if it had been anything other than a fellow mustang owner, i most likely would have simply kept going...

he was cool about it all

Elliotness

Established Member
Slowing down never entered my mind. Maybe I should have..... nah to hell with him. I laughed out loud when I passed him on the way home and he gave me the one finger salute.

Last edited:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Why do people do the ricer fly-by anyway? I used to be into imports with my subaru but i never did that(not that i ever lost a race). What's the point of it? I really hate when they do the fly-by with their hazards on.:gt:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread