Funniest street racing stories

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
I was wondering what are some of your funniest street racing stories. I remember a few years ago when I had my WS6 Trans Am I had just got off the highway and came to a stoplight. A totally riced out eclipse came up with some gwido tool reving his weed wacker to holy hell. I just looked over at him and really felt sorry for this kid. Anyway long story short, light changed green and this kid GUNNED IT. Unfortunatley for him and the girl in the new Beemer behind him he accidently put his car in reverse instead of drive and slammed into this car behind him. How the hell he did that I have no idea but it was the saddest and funniest thing I have ever experienced on the street.

What about you guys ? Ever have some kid tell you his car makes a 1,000hp only to find out he has a cat back and a K&N air filter ? I had many of those also. :beer:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I was wondering what are some of your funniest street racing stories. I remember a few years ago when I had my WS6 Trans Am I had just got off the highway and came to a stoplight. A totally riced out eclipse came up with some gwido tool reving his weed wacker to holy hell. I just looked over at him and really felt sorry for this kid. Anyway long story short, light changed green and this kid GUNNED IT. Unfortunatley for him and the girl in the new Beemer behind him he accidently put his car in reverse instead of drive and slammed into this car behind him. How the hell he did that I have no idea but it was the saddest and funniest thing I have ever experienced on the street.

What about you guys ? Ever have some kid tell you his car makes a 1,000hp only to find out he has a cat back and a K&N air filter ? I had many of those also. :beer:

Did you stop and tell the police the whole thing? More importantly, was the chick hot and did you get her number?

Funniest racing story I have was with a Ram. Mr. Daytona-Ram-With-A-Big-Wing thought that if he had a head start he could whoop me, and played this by stopping way shallow on the light, then timing it perfectly and gunning it right before the light turned green. Light turned green, I stomped on it and promptly dusted him. I tried to get him to go from a roll and he wouldn't.

Last edited:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Did you stop and tell the police the whole thing? More importantly, was the chick hot and did you get her number?

Funniest racing story I have was with a Ram. Mr. Daytona-Ram-With-A-Big-Wing thought that if he had a head start he could whoop me, and played this by stopping way shallow on the light, then timing it perfectly and gunning it right before the light turned green. Light turned green, I stomped on it and promptly dusted him. I tried to get him to go from a roll and he wouldn't.

She was farrrrrrr from hot and I figured I would let Mr fast and furious explain to the police what happen.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
a guido in jersey? i don't believe you!

i was riding shotgun in friend A's ws6 (catback only) and he got into a friendly race with friend B in a 97 cobra (410's, LT's OR xpipe, catback). now friend A used to own the cobra and sold it to friend B so friend A knew exactly what the car had and what it could do.

somewhere deep into third a cop saw the race from a side street and by the end of it friend B in the cobra had won and then they both promptly got pulled over. when the officer approached friend B the cop asked, "Who won?" and friend B replied, "You did sir."

apparently the cop started laughing. both guys got heavily reduced tickets and did not lose their ability to drive. cop must have thought it was funny enough to cut them a break. meanwhile as the passenger I was lol'ing the whole time because I told friend A to NOT race at that spot.

blk00gtvert

Established Member
in NC one time i was out with the now ex girl friend one night. we were in her sunfire. and we were enjoying these two honda racing for all they were worth. well they were in about 3rd by this time, again racing for all they worth and out of nowhere i here this loud whine and i see a lightning go flying past me and past both of them PULLING A BOAT!!!! lol it was priceless

BLOWNLS3

Established Member

i was riding shotgun in friend A's ws6 (catback only) and he got into a friendly race with friend B in a 97 cobra (410's, LT's OR xpipe, catback). now friend A used to own the cobra and sold it to friend B so friend A knew exactly what the car had and what it could do.

somewhere deep into third a cop saw the race from a side street and by the end of it friend B in the cobra had won and then they both promptly got pulled over. when the officer approached friend B the cop asked, "Who won?" and friend B replied, "You did sir."

apparently the cop started laughing. both guys got heavily reduced tickets and did not lose their ability to drive. cop must have thought it was funny enough to cut them a break. meanwhile as the passenger I was lol'ing the whole time because I told friend A to NOT race at that spot.

Yea go figure a gwido in jersey. That is a funny story.:burnout:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
in NC one time i was out with the now ex girl friend one night. we were in her sunfire. and we were enjoying these two honda racing for all they were worth. well they were in about 3rd by this time, again racing for all they worth and out of nowhere i here this load whine and i see a lightning go flying past me and past both of them PULLING A BOAT!!!! lol it was priceless

LMFAO that is ****in awesome :lol:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
in NC one time i was out with the now ex girl friend one night. we were in her sunfire. and we were enjoying these two honda racing for all they were worth. well they were in about 3rd by this time, again racing for all they worth and out of nowhere i here this loud whine and i see a lightning go flying past me and past both of them PULLING A BOAT!!!! lol it was priceless

Sounds about right!

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member

damn i would have peed myself laughing so hard had I seen that first hand. i can just imagine that loud ass blower whine under WOT pulling a freaking boat.

floyd4ford

Ford guy
Established Member

dAMN THATS A GOOD ONE!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I pull up to a light along side a 350Z in the right hand lane in an industrial area. Blip throttle. OK, let's do it. Ready to go...both focused on the light. Green...dump the clutch...floor it (great launch by the way). Suddenly... we realize we are also racing a police Explorer that some how decided to slip (no lights, no siren) into the left turn only lane on my left and felt he could fly past me when the light turned green. He had no idea we were racing. I banged into second gear not realizing this was a POLICE vehicle and watched the Explorer hit the brakes and slip behind me. Nobody pulls a cut-off move on me I thought. Oh...you're a COP!!??? Major butt pucker moment for us racer guys. Good bye license. The police officer obviously realized he pulled a major boner move trying to pass from the left hand turn lane because he took off ahead of us and never looked back. Never put his lights on.

darkhorse276

Established Member

What is this guido you speak of? I've never heard of such a thing.

I pull up to a light along side a 350Z in the right hand lane in an industrial area. Blip throttle. OK, let's do it. Ready to go...both focused on the light. Green...dump the clutch...floor it (great launch by the way). Suddenly... we realize we are also racing a police Explorer that some how decided to slip (no lights, no siren) into the left turn only lane on my left and felt he could fly past me when the light turned green. He had no idea we were racing. I banged into second gear not realizing this was a POLICE vehicle and watched the Explorer hit the brakes and slip behind me. Nobody pulls a cut-off move on me I thought. Oh...you're a COP!!??? Major butt pucker moment for us racer guys. Good bye license. The police officer obviously realized he pulled a major boner move trying to pass from the left hand turn lane because he took off ahead of us and never looked back. Never put his lights on.

Man you got damn lucky

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Last night actually, I was out driving my mom's friend's black Lincoln Aviator hauling my mom and a few of her friends to some bar for some other ladies b-day. They had already been celebrating the past few hours. Kacy (the owner of the Aviator) told me as I was driving, floor it, we want to have some fun..... so a few mins later I found the sweet spot to launch it was at 2,250rpm, I pulled a few busses on a Caravan from a dig as well as a Toyota Sequoia, I gave a Honda Odyssey the hit plus 4 seconds so she could get the vtec kicked in, reeled her in quick..... yes I was driving drunk people around, killing soccer moms & dads in minivans, using a sweet suv :D
Best part is drunk 50+ year old ladies hanging out the windows slurring their words while yelling at the other drivers to entice a race...."HEY BITCH!......" :lol1:

carnut101

Established Member
Not as good as the Lightning beating the Hondas with a boat, but here goes...

I was driving home at around 2am one night. Pulled up into the outer of 2 left turn only lanes to get onto the freeway. There was a riced out Mini Cooper S also making the turn in the lane to my left. Green arrow, I slowly made the turn, went over the dip at an angle. I heard this guy totally slam his front bumper into the dip trying to get ahead of me, so I take off down the onramp, got to the speed limit, and just waited at 70mph or so. C5 Z06... Mini Cooper S... needless to say, it took him a while to catch up. He then did a ricer fly by and kept going. I figured, ahh what the hell, got an idiot to divert police attention. So I started to speed up slowly, keeping myself a couple buslengths behind him. He's obvious WOT, I'm kinda tapping the gas in 5th gear. We hit 130mph or so, he slams on the brakes, cuts me off, flys across 4 lanes, and hits his hazards like he won the race or something. I didn't know I was racing :dw: lol

Last edited:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
This kid I go to school with claims he drives a Crown Vic. I say "claims" because he doesn'y even have his permit!! He tells me all the time that when it snows out he does donuts in the parking lot and his racing stories. Well one day he came up to me saying how he raced a Porsche and won! I laughed right in his face. He told me that his missed second gear, threw it into 3rd and pulled in front of the Porsche. Only about a month later when I asked him if his car was an auto or a manual, he told me auto...:bored::dw: Then another day 2 of my friends saw him get in "his" crown vic with his dad getting ready to drive him to school.:lol1: Oh...and don't even get me started on how he told me he did a V8 swap:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread