Funmoods search engine

Go Down South

Established Member
I had downloaded a super nintendo emulator yesterday and after I got done installing it, I opened up Chrome to go download some roms. Well when I opened it, instead of it being my typical homepage of my most visited websites, this stupid funmoods search engine comes up.

I did some research and apparently this is a search engine hijacker that is essentially a virus. I've been trying to get rid of it since yesterday but nothing works. I've been trying to locate it in my registry but can't find the associated files for it. I've done a system restore to a few days ago and that didn't get rid of it. Anyone know of a surefire way to get rid of this bullshit??

Here's what it looks like if anyone doesn't know.
funmoods.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
^lol!
reload windows and stop downloading emulators if you dont know which ones work. always research before downloading one...i learned the hard way once.
i have a SNES emulator(that actually works) i could give to you but i think ill refrain...

oh and to get rid of your problem i suggest getting malwarebytes and auslogics disk cleaner/malware killer and registry cleaner. i use it and so far i havent really had any problems in the past few years of use. you could also try windows defender by microsoft. its free on the microsoft website and may be able to clear it out for you.

Go Down South

Established Member
^lol!
reload windows and stop downloading emulators if you dont know which ones work. always research before downloading one...i learned the hard way once.
i have a SNES emulator(that actually works) i could give to you but i think ill refrain...

oh and to get rid of your problem i suggest getting malwarebytes and auslogics disk cleaner/malware killer and registry cleaner. i use it and so far i havent really had any problems in the past few years of use. you could also try windows defender by microsoft. its free on the microsoft website and may be able to clear it out for you.

I'll give those a try. From the digging I've done, the virus embeds itself deep in your registry files and not all programs can remove it. I've tried using CCleaner and AnviDefender to get rid of it so far but neither have worked.

If that doesn't work, I might reformat my hard disk to see if that won't work. I'm not holding my breath though b/c everything I've tried so far has failed.

Users who are viewing this thread