Funeral Tomorrow

DCOURTS

Established Member
A good friend of mine who I grew up with and went to high school with passed away sat night/sun morning from a car accident. We were fairly close all through high school, but went our seperate ways during college. We ocassionaly saw each other in the summers and once since I graduated college (2007).

He was at his girlfriend's father's surprise 50th birthday party when he left early (just before midnight) in his truck to go somewhere. We are all not sure where he was going or how much he had to drink, but regardless, he hit the side of a small bridge abutment and died on his way to the hospital.

I know we probably have all had our fair share of driving drunk. I am the first one to admit I've done it many times. Although, I have not done it in a long time, one being i live in NYC and two, I've grown up quite a bit. What I really want to say is, despite what you may think, how good of a driver you are or that you really didnt have that much to drink, you need to ask yourself a simple question, do you want you mom/dad to go to your funeral? I think once you think of the impact your death may have on your family, many people really start to think a lot harder about things. Let this be just another example of how we need to think before we drive. I've heard that my whole life, considered it, and still drove. But after witnessing what I've seen with my friend and what I will see in his family's eyes tomorrow, I wont be making my mom go to my funeral if I can help it.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Funny you post this...I had a guy I played football and lifted with od on heroin 2 nights ago and have his service either Saturday or Sunday I think.....Damn shame he had a 3 year old daughter. Just talked to him a few months back at my cousins wedding; damn shame. RIP to your friend as well.

Last edited:

03blowngt

Established Member
Yea kind of a topic close to me right now as well. A guy that i knew fairly well and cruised with often died wednesday afternoon on his way to church. The most unbelievable thing is that he was in remission from leukemia and then of all things gets killed in a car accident not of his own fault (a car pulled into the side of him from a side road, failing to yield and pushing him into an oncoming semi) Just makes you sit back and think how it would impact your family and everyone you know. Never take advantage of life

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Strikingly close story here as well with 2 teenagers who died when they drove off it hit something on Sunday. Had their funeral 2 days ago at the high school.

I'm sorry about your loss. May he RIP

DCOURTS

Established Member
Thanks for all the support guys. I appreciate it. Seems like everyone has something similar that has touched them all too recently. Live and learn.....

Users who are viewing this thread