fun with a fox body

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
I was on my way home after driving around for a bit when my car must have got this guys attention. I was waiting to turn right at a stoplight and going through the intersection was a blue with gray ground effects 87-93 gt. He looked at my car and gave a little blip on the throttle to say "hi". So, i turn and catch up to him with him on my left. I look over and he gives me the nod and the point ahead to have some fun. We were going about 40. I then hear him downshift and he gets ready to hit it. I just yanked the tri-ax back into 2nd and i hit it. I got alittle spin but the tires bit and i was up-up and away. Or was i?

I look over to see his headlights even with the middle of my door. We were both jammin' gears without much movement. I had to slow because of the moving road block up ahead :bored: . I pass the p.o.s. van and line up with the gt again. We both gave compliments on the run and he asks if i want to go again. So i said, "sure". This time i'm going to wait for him to hit it. It was some kind of freaky role reversal or something. This time i downshifted and waited, while he dropped a gear and put his foot in it.

Keeping with the role reversal theme, he jumped a fender in front with my headlights even with the middle of his door. This run we went from about 40 to alittle over 130 and i gained maybe a foot or so as me came up on 130+(i was at about 6300 in 4th). We then slowed down to agree to pull over and talk for a minute. His name was Brian. He was a pretty nice guy. It had been lightened up with ac delete, rear seat delete. The heart of the gt was a 2k mile old n/a 331 stroker. He had a few other little things but i don't remember. I have cai, 2.8 upper, chip, and full bassani exhaust as far as power mods go. His car ran strong. He said he has a 150 shot n2o kit waiting to be installed. He should pull on me pretty well when he installs the n2o. Thanks for reading

Chris

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
I love it when you meet cool people like that. Just yesterday I had a Maruader(sp?) come up on my bumper in traffic and he had like 5 people in his car and we were messing with each other but could not race becuase of traffic. His car sounded great and I though I heard maybe a Eaton conversion on his car but come to find out it he had just got the car out of the shop with his new Vortech setup on it. I like it when you meet other cool Ford drivers out there. :beer:

wldtang

Banned
04Chris said:
I was on my way home after driving around for a bit when my car must have got this guys attention. I was waiting to turn right at a stoplight and going through the intersection was a blue with gray ground effects 87-93 gt. He looked at my car and gave a little blip on the throttle to say "hi". So, i turn and catch up to him with him on my left. I look over and he gives me the nod and the point ahead to have some fun. We were going about 40. I then hear him downshift and he gets ready to hit it. I just yanked the tri-ax back into 2nd and i hit it. I got alittle spin but the tires bit and i was up-up and away. Or was i?

I look over to see his headlights even with the middle of my door. We were both jammin' gears without much movement. I had to slow because of the moving road block up ahead :bored: . I pass the p.o.s. van and line up with the gt again. We both gave compliments on the run and he asks if i want to go again. So i said, "sure". This time i'm going to wait for him to hit it. It was some kind of freaky role reversal or something. This time i downshifted and waited, while he dropped a gear and put his foot in it.

Keeping with the role reversal theme, he jumped a fender in front with my headlights even with the middle of his door. This run we went from about 40 to alittle over 130 and i gained maybe a foot or so as me came up on 130+(i was at about 6300 in 4th). We then slowed down to agree to pull over and talk for a minute. His name was Brian. He was a pretty nice guy. It had been lightened up with ac delete, rear seat delete. The heart of the gt was a 2k mile old n/a 331 stroker. He had a few other little things but i don't remember. I have cai, 2.8 upper, chip, and full bassani exhaust as far as power mods go. His car ran strong. He said he has a 150 shot n2o kit waiting to be installed. He should pull on me pretty well when he installs the n2o. Thanks for reading

Chris

I wonder what h/c/i he had. It sounds like one strong fox.

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
"I wonder what h/c/i he had. It sounds like one strong fox."

He didn't get to specific about the combo. I'm sure the weight he took out of the car helped alittle. We only had a few minutes to talk. A member of the local killjoy squad made 2 passes close by us and we were both alittle worried.

"I love when You run into a great match like that! :beer: "

I do too. I think it's pretty cool how 2 different cars with different configurations perform very similar.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
That's cool, I raced a Viper the other day like that, the srt/10 viper. My mods are the same as you'res except for a ported blower. I passed him on the expressway just cruisin' around 75 mph, he immediately pulled in behind me. As soon as the middle lane opened up, I moved over to the center. The passenger in the viper pointed down the road so we both floored it, I was in third gear around 60 mph. We were pretty much even with me creeping past him barely. I bounced off the rev limiter in between shifts and that screwed me up. We kept on driving after that and I passed up my exit to get another run with the viper. After a couple miles it opened up again, this time we ran from 60ish to 130+ with me pulling a fender on him. It was cool, the guys in the viper were all about wanting to race my Cobra.

TheMachWON

Established Member
04Chris said:

Chris

Sounds like some good races..... I had a 89 GT with 347 stroker afr heads comp cam, holley systemax intake, and bolt-ons....... untuned it traped 120mph in the 1/4. with the right combo and a light car them stroker motors are killers.

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
TheMachWON said:
Sounds like some good races..... I had a 89 GT with 347 stroker afr heads comp cam, holley systemax intake, and bolt-ons....... untuned it traped 120mph in the 1/4. with the right combo and a light car them stroker motors are killers.

It was fun playing with that car. I've never run into a n/a stroker on the street before. When he gets his spray though, i'll be in trouble. Unless he gets it after i get my whipple :p

P.S. Welcome to the board :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread