Fun to drive

COME CORRECT

Established Member
Just curious I've had my Shelby for about a week and have about 600 hundred miles of just all out cruising. Question how many miles did you put on Shelby the first week?

I will say this I've notice that its really hard to keep this car under 80 mph cruising. Acceleration is a smooth transition, however the clutch does take some getting use to as it releases at the top. I have a fairly modified 07 GT and there is a great big difference between the two vehicles. This Shelby is just an experience within itself. The road manner is just exciting I never knew what I was missing until now..... :thumbsup::burnout:

Last edited:

JDJ

Established Member
Picked up my 2013 GT500 last week and put about 300 miles on it the first day. Mostly autobahn driving.

finsrin

Established Member
So much looking forward to approx 1000 mile drive home from dealer starting Nov 1.
Then oil change time.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
900 miles the 1st day.
1500 miles the1st week
6500 miles in the 1st 90 days

:)

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
We have plans to both take off work as soon as we can after the car hits the ground. We mapped out a base route with the first leg being 230miles or so mostly rural highways with small towns about ever 25 miles and the second 180 or so with the last 140 being interstate driving then the return to home leg is 340 mostly interstate. We do plan to have an open to side road policy so we will be pretty close to the magic 1000 mile mark by the time we get back home. We have a decent road with a 1 1/2 mile straightaway right where we live :) Will post results one day soon!

Marc

Established Member
I have had mine 10 days and put 600 miles on her. I did this purposely because I want that 1000 mile break in to be over. But, if it snows anytime soon here in Utah, I doubt I will get that 1000 mile break in as fast as I wanted to. This is a toy for me, so it will never see snow.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
I have had mine 10 days and put 600 miles on her. I did this purposely because I want that 1000 mile break in to be over. But, if it snows anytime soon here in Utah, I doubt I will get that 1000 mile break in as fast as I wanted to. This is a toy for me, so it will never see snow.

Break in is no Wide open throttle for first 100 and no track time for first 1000 miles right? Just double checking...you planning to track it soon or are you not punching it hard for the first 1000? Just curious.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Had it since August 3rd, and it's sitting with 136 miles on it.... :nonono:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Break in is no Wide open throttle for first 100 and no track time for first 1000 miles right? Just double checking...you planning to track it soon or are you not punching it hard for the first 1000? Just curious.

Looks like your KR is significanly lower than your 2013 in your pics.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
It's about an inch and a half from the center of each fender well to the ground lower on the KR than the 2013. The front is actually about the same now that I have the other front splitter on (I didn't have it on when I snapped this pic).

Husky44

Established Member
Fun to drive? This thing is like crack! I can't stop. Picked it up on a Tuesday, took a 350 mile road trip Wednesday night, then back again Friday morning. I'm at the 2500 mile mark with a little over a month of ownership.

With this car, I buy groceries one item at a time. I don't even ask my wife if she needs me to go to the store, I just get up and go, then call her to see if we need anything! We live 2 miles from the grocery store, and that trip usually takes me 30 minutes.

I'm so hooked on this car that when the snow hits (still showing sunny and highs in the 30s for the next week--wooohooo!) I'll probably be sitting in the garage making vrooomvroom noises until spring time.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It's about an inch and a half from the center of each fender well to the ground lower on the KR than the 2013. The front is actually about the same now that I have the other front splitter on (I didn't have it on when I snapped this pic).

Thanks. Plans to lower the '13? I think that's one of the few mods I'll do.

Users who are viewing this thread