Fun run against a bike

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Was cruising near my house and just pulled out onto a main street when I was deafened by a motorcycle. He rolled up next to my open window and revved on me several times then took off. I don't know my motorcycles but this looked like some sort of custom job. The rear tire was so fat it was easily wider than what I had on the back of my Shelby. Lots of chrome and loud as hell. Wasn't big like a Harley, but I have no clue what it was.

As luck would have it, he hadn't gone far before he was caught by a red-light after blasting me with what I'm assuming are open pipes. I changed lanes and got behind him and just waited to see what his move was going to be. I saw him look down at me in his mirrors so I was ready if he was game. He had a car in front, and we were sitting #2 and #3. On the green we took off casually due to the car in front, and I had shifted into 2nd thinking we wern't going to have any clear road. When I saw the front car hit it's blinker though, I was ready.

The guy punched it before the car ahead was fully out of the way, and I hit it a moment afterwards. I backed off a tad once I started to reel him in because I don't like getting too close to a vulnerable rider, but as soon as we had cleared the car to my right, I swung out and hit it hard. I flew passed him and shifted to third but slowed down immediately. The race winner was clear, no point winding it out any more. As I was coasting back down to the speed limit he roared up next to me with a huge grin and gave a big thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Cool guy and fun run. His reaction made me think he hadn't expected that outcome, but was a good sport about it and it was all in good fun. This was no import bike or anything, so I have no idea how fast his ride was, but I'm pretty impressed ANY time a car takes down a bike of any sort, especially when it was essentially from a dig. It was a really sweet bike and he'd clearly put a lot of time and money into it. Now I just need to figure out how to get a tire like that under the snake. :burnout:

Last edited:

mike69440

Established Member
Except from a dig, even your Avg Joe on an Average 600 Sportbike is not much of a threat after about 80-90. Liter class is another story.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Except from a dig, even your Avg Joe on an Average 600 Sportbike is not much of a threat after about 80-90. Liter class is another story.
That's why I thought it was nice since it was about a 30mph hit.

In my opinion racing a bike is a win/win scenario anyway. If you lose, you SHOULD have. If you win, well that's just extra. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread