Fun Ford Weekend, Norwalk Ohio, July 11-13

venamous01

Established Member
hey guys just seeing whos all planning on going to fun ford weekend in ohio on july 11-13. A buddy of mine and I are planning on going we both have 01 cobras and his has a full saleen body kit. if you are planning on going whats your car?

venamous01

Established Member
sweet, whos all entering the true street class? my cars just an n/a 01 so im not planning on winning anything, just doing it for fun. i will be the black 01 with rock chips all over the front of my car. it was either get new hood/paint or go to fun ford weekend, i chose fun ford weekend. ill get it painted in the fall

Last edited:

03svt86

Established Member
I'll be in true street. Doubt I'll win anything but it's more for fun than anything. I was in it the last 2 years with my SVO. Had a great time. :banana:

Modded04

Established Member
I am not sure if I am going. I am trying to get a 03 10th Ann. Black coupe from Georgia, but my bad credit I am not sure if I can. I think I just need a cosigner, but my parents cant and I dont think my grandparents will. I want to go and pick it up the week of the 4th. Then go to Norwalk. But if I cant make it work out then I most likely wont it would be too hard. It just sucks because I have the money to pay for it monthly but I have been dumb for a couple of years. We will see.

Wish me luck and say a prayer....

Dan

rtroha

Nothin special
Established Member
So how did everyone do? I made it to the semis on Saturday night in Street Ford with the wife's GT. What a blast and got a nice trophy out of it.:banana: Made it to the final 10 on Sunday with the L but I broke out and lost by 1/100th of a second.

venamous01

Established Member
i saw your lightningh, that thing was hot. i just went for fun the car only ran 13.6's but i havent raced it all year, my best time is a 13.4 last year. i threw some drag radials on for the brackets on sunday but i had no clue what i was gonna do, dialed in at 13.30 but ran a 13.25 the guy i was racing dialed in at 13.1 and ran a 13.101 so i didint have a chance anyway lol.

rtroha

Nothin special
Established Member
The L ran a personal best on Sunday, 12.82 @ 106. Once I get the drag tires on, that should help the traction a lot.

venamous01

Established Member
dude thats crazy im running 105 mph with my cobra, but my times are shit. i even put bruces full delrin bushing kit in my rearend and i still wheelhop. it wheelhoped so bad 1 time in ohio that it poped out of 1st gear.

rtroha

Nothin special
Established Member
I come off the line at idle or I'll just smoke the tires. I'm hoping to be able to hit it harder with the ET Streets on it.

venamous01

Established Member
i will have to try that. i had nitto drag radials on my last run and i ran a 13.25 at 104 i think. but i had never driven my car with drag radials on before, they were my friends that we just threw on their, i only got a 1.9 60' with those and i have goten a 2.0 with street tires before so i know i could do better if i had more runs

rtroha

Nothin special
Established Member
I can get 1.9 60's with the street tires but that's about it. I've never been able to do better then that. Just be careful with the wheelhop. I've heard of bad things happening when that starts.

venamous01

Established Member
yeah i know, i put solid aluminum bushings in the front diff, and delrins everywhere else, also did a pumpsteer kit. i think i need some different shocks tho. i have heard that those can make a difference

Users who are viewing this thread