Full Tilt Boogie Racing's 14" front SN-95 Brembo brake conversion kits now available

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
At Full Tilt Boogie Racing, we have some exciting news for Mustang performance enthusiasts. We now have available a 14" front (355x32mm) Brembo brake conversion kit for all SN-95 vehicles.

Here is a photo of the kit:

SN-95%2014%20inch%20front%20kit%20final.jpg

This requires 18" wheels and should fit under most 18" wheels. Check your wheel specs for fitment. This kit naturally fits Cobra models along with all Mach I, Bullitt and GT models as well.

Included in the kit are a pair of radial mounted Brembo F-50 four piston fixed calipers loaded with street pads and pad attaching hardware. A pair of FTBR caliper mounting brackets with caliper mounting hardware, FTBR stress relieved, slotted, directionally vaned, clear zinc plated, floating rotor rings, hard anodized, billet machined aluminum FTBR floating hats, attaching bobbins and hardware all of which are compatible with the Brembo Gran Turismo 355x32mm kit. The kit also comes with braided Stainless Steel front brake lines, banjo bolts and copper sealing rings.

Similar kits can be found for more than $1,400.00 more than what we are offering the kit for:

Brembo GT 355mm Big Brake Kit

That's like a 39% off sale!!! :-D

The price of our kit is $2,200.00 and comes complete with everything you need and ready to bolt on to your vehicle. Optional items for this kit would be HD rotor rings for road racing add $100.00. Race pads would also be available at an additional cost depending on your pad choice. (inquire)

Why is our 14" kit better than some of the other 'cheaper' 14" kits available on the market? I'll tell you, and it can be summed up in two words: "rotating mass". Some of our competitors use a 14" OEM GT 500 rotor in their kits. These rotors are very inexpensive to buy compared to manufacturing 2 pc floating rotors and hat assemblies. These insanely heavy 14" GT 500 rotors weigh in at OVER 25#:

S197oemgt500rotorwt.jpg

That is MORE than 6# heavier than a 13" SN-95 OEM front rotor:

brembo1pc19.1lbs.jpg

With that kit you are adding MORE than 12# of rotating mass and unsprung weight on the front end of a car that's already too heavy. In case you didn't realize this, your 1/4 mile E.T.'s will actually go up and your MPH will go down adding that much rotating mass to your car because it's more weight that needs to be accelerated from a dead stop. If you're concerned with handling, more rotating mass will reduce the turn-in response of your vehicle as well.

Our street/strip rotor that comes standard with our kit weighs in at 16.68# each.

dyhl.jpg

This is an unbelievable 17.28# rotating mass and unsprung weight savings as compared to the kits that use 14" GT 500 rotors. :read:

Even our heavy duty road race rotor ring option is still 11# less rotating mass compared to the kits that have the 14" GT 500 rotors:

4aky.jpg

If you're a performance minded Mustang enthusiast, this kit should be an easy choice for you if you're looking to upgrade the performance of your Mustang.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the kit.

Bruce and the Full Tilt Boogie Racing Team

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
This looks like a sweet kit Bruce. Is this a one piece caliper? Is a one piece caliper even that big of a deal??

Wish this was around when I bought my 14" kit. Probably would have gone this route.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
This looks like a sweet kit Bruce.

Yes we are pretty excited to bring a brake kit of this caliber, particularly for this kind of money to the marketplace for Mustang enthusiasts. :-D

Is this a one piece caliper? Is a one piece caliper even that big of a deal??

Not really that big of a deal at all. Some of the highest performance Brembo "RACING" calipers are two piece as shown here which comes as standard equipment on the Boss 302S and 302R:

59mo.jpg

Wish this was around when I bought my 14" kit. Probably would have gone this route.

Me too! I could have saved about $3k on the two kits I bought a few years ago! :cryying:

Rusty67

Established Member
FTBR does it again with another awesome product.

Do you guys have an option for a fully floating rotor for stock rims ? I know you have the lightweight rotor sets for us 13" rotor guys but are those fully floating ?

Also, is fully floating ok on a street car or is a race track only deal ?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
FTBR does it again with another awesome product.

Do you guys have an option for a fully floating rotor for stock rims ? I know you have the lightweight rotor sets for us 13" rotor guys but are those fully floating ?

Not quite sure what you're asking but I think you're asking if we make a 13" floating rotor for stock PBR calipers or Y2KR calipers? We have made floating 13" Brembo replacement rotor rings on a special order basis for the guys that have the 13" floating Brembo sets but we have never made the hats. Not that we could not make the hats, we just never have. There is a very limited demand for them.

All of the front and rear SN-95 rotor assemblies we make, with the exception of this 14" Brembo kit we are now offering, are all bolt together.

Also, is fully floating ok on a street car or is a race track only deal ?

The floating rotors were originally designed for racing purposes so the rotor ring can expand in diameter when it gets hot (over 1,000 degrees) and 'float' on the hat and not be restricted in expansion or contraction by the hat. It also keeps rotor heat out of the hub which adds to the life of the hubs. This mounting design can sometimes rattle a little bit because of the expansion capability of the floating design.

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Rusty67

Established Member
Not quite sure what you're asking but I think you're asking if we make a 13" floating rotor for stock PBR calipers or Y2KR calipers? We have made floating 13" Brembo replacement rotor rings on a special order basis for the guys that have the 13" floating Brembo sets but we have never made the hats. Not that we could not make the hats, we just never have. There is a very limited demand for them.

All of the front and rear SN-95 rotor assemblies we make, with the exception of this 14" Brembo kit we are now offering, are all bolt together.

The floating rotors were originally designed for racing purposes so the rotor ring can expand in diameter when it gets hot (over 1,000 degrees) and 'float' on the hat and not be restricted in expansion or contraction by the hat. It also keeps rotor heat out of the hub which adds to the life of the hubs. This mounting design can sometimes rattle a little bit because of the expansion capability of the floating design.

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Ya, basically I was wondering if you had a full floating kit available for the 13" stock cobra brakes.

I have talked to guys who have run full floating rotors on their race cars. They were saying that the full floating rotors make a lot of noise and that newer revisions of the Ford Racing brake kit have something that keeps the rotor from rattling around and making noise when they drive on the track but still keeps it full floating. Have you looked into that at all ?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ya, basically I was wondering if you had a full floating kit available for the 13" stock cobra brakes.

I have talked to guys who have run full floating rotors on their race cars. They were saying that the full floating rotors make a lot of noise and that newer revisions of the Ford Racing brake kit have something that keeps the rotor from rattling around and making noise when they drive on the track but still keeps it full floating. Have you looked into that at all ?

We will be working on some anti-rattle springs in the future but it is not something we have right now unfortunately.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

We would be able to do 13" floating rotor sets based on the original Brembo design. These 13" floating rotor assemblies would be a special order and delivery could take up to 10-12 weeks depending on when you order them because we only run hats about every other month. They would be available in a light weight street strip version or a heavy duty road race version. Both versions would use the same hats and attaching hardware, however the rotor rings would come in different center air gap widths making them lighter or heavier. I actually used to run these 13" Brembo floating sets on my 2000 Cobra R before I converted to the 14" Gran Turismo kit we are now offering here.

We do have a source now for the anti-rattle clips and we should have them available on our site very soon.

Rusty67

Established Member
Well, I guess I better get ready to lighten my wallet a bit... too bad you didn't get these out 2 months ago... I just replaced my front rotors and pads.... I'm not really happy with the performance however because I just bought low cost junk for now....

Now I will have a good option for a NICE upgrade.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Any ETA on the anti-rattle springs for the 14" FTBR kit? I have your kit, on on my car now in fact, but the car isn't street ready yet. I would like to add the springs before the first outing in 2-3 weeks.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Any ETA on the anti-rattle springs for the 14" FTBR kit? I have your kit, on on my car now in fact, but the car isn't street ready yet. I would like to add the springs before the first outing in 2-3 weeks.

The anti-rattle springs should be here by the middle of March. I will update this thread when they are available.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Garrett:

Sorry for letting this fall through the cracks but yes, we have the anti-rattle clips now. They are $2.50 each and you'd need 10 of them for a pair of rotors. Shipping would be $4.00.

On a somewhat related note, we have some good unexpected news. We were able to secure a few more sets of these bargain priced Brembo caliper sets. That's the good news. The bad news is this is the last of them. There are no more, this is it!

So if you have been contemplating on getting this kit, now would be the time to make your move. This is one of the best mods you could put on a Terminator.

We are extending the "Save 10% when paying with a check or money order" offer on these until they are gone. This saves us Pay-Pal and credit card fees and we pass that savings onto our customers.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the kit.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Do you guys make a adaptor to put a aftermarket rear caliper on her? Like the Evos, 350zs and other foreign cars come with?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Do you guys make a adaptor to put a aftermarket rear caliper on her? Like the Evos, 350zs and other foreign cars come with?

Some of the larger rear brakes found on other cars have different proportioning systems on them that reduce the rear brake pressure on the rear brakes. These systems won't work on a Mustang unless you install a proportioning valve on the vehicle to turn the rear brake pressure down. Not to mention they add a bunch of rotating mass and unsprung weight to the vehicle.

I've already been through this and having friends that have installed other aftermarket larger rear brake systems on their cars with disastrous results, I decided to design and R&D my own system. As you can see in the link below, the two pc 13" rotor is actually lighter than the OEM one pc 11.66" rotor.

I wanted to keep the cost to a minimum by not having to add the cost of new calipers to the equation. Or even an add-on e-brake caliper. I also wanted to keep the OEM e-brake so I could load my car in the hauler and put the e-brake on when I was at angles that would allow the car to roll. I came up with a rear caliper relocating bracket that stepped up the rear braking leverage from 11.66" to 13". This was pretty drama free. A nice step-up in braking leverage, no need for a brake bias adjuster and I get to keep my e-brake.

Here's a photo of the set-up:

13%20rear%20conversion%20kit.jpg

This is a two piece bolt together rotor and hat assembly with a pair of clear zinc plated caliper relocating brackets to relocate the caliper to accommodate the larger rotor diameter. The aluminum hat is hard anodized and the clear zinc plated rotor ring is directionally vaned and slotted.

For more info on the kit check this link:

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/FT_7000A.htm

We have recently made a floating rear kit that has rotor and hat assemblies that match our 14" front kit at the request of a customer. The floating kit is so new it's not even listed on our web site yet.

Users who are viewing this thread