Full synthetic vs synthetic blend

Coiled03

Established Member
I have an explorer sport with the 3.5 ecoboost with 80k. I run amsoil and change every 10k. I also send my oil off to Blackstone for analysis and fuel dilution has never been shown up. In fact analysis has shown I can run to 12k if I wanted. I am using the top signature series oil from amsoil though.

The Blackstone Lab results for the oil in my wife's Ecoboost showed zero fuel contamination. I change the oil when the oil life monitor directs me to which is around 7000 miles. I use Mobil 1 oil and a Mobil 1 filter.

U.M.

I have a ecoboost. You NEED to change the oil every 4k miles. And you need to use synthetic. the EB motor is DI, and lets tons of fuel mix with the oil. This has been proven with lab results. This is why you need a great oil. Not dino oil, and not synthetic blend. Run a full synthetic such as mobil 1, amsoil, or rotella. Any full synthetic really. Change your oil every 4k miles. Or at least once a year.

Also, get a catch can for your PCV system. It's going to save your valves from corrosion. Tons of shit is floating around in the intake system. The catch can will catch all the gunk and keep the system clean. You can even make a dual catch can system with separators from Lowe's or home depot.

Don't take any of that lightly =)

That's two guys that say they send samples off for analysis, and neither shows any fuel dilution. Where are you getting your information that there's this massive amount of fuel in the oil? Hearsay?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
$120 for 6 quarts of oil that cost like $25 a 5qt jug is insane lol Regardless of what people say about them, you can find a Walmart with techs that know what they’re doing and get a full service Mobil 1 change for $44.88 and the records to show every service

MG0h3

Established Member
Well I'll be a test mule. My work truck is a 15' 3.5 EB. We have to change the oil every 5k. To save money, we use a blend ($50 vs $90). I'll try and remember what the monitor says the next time I go in but it hadn't alerted me yet at the last oil change. I spend a LOT of time in 4wd in deep sand. I don't beat the hell out of it but it gets worked a lot harder than any of your vehicles I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread