Full-length vs. 3/4 length SFC's?

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Given the quality of the material, does it really make a difference to go with full-length subframe connectors or 3/4 length for a 03 vert cobra? Reason I am asking is I know griggs racing are 3/4 length and maximum motorsports are full length. I have the MM full length on my 01 vert cobra and they made a huge differnce over stock. I had some welding issues with the MM SFC's because they come rigth up to the bracket on the passenger side where the fuel and brakes lines are. They could not weld them completely on the side where the bracket is. I have heard nothing but good things about griggs and they are 3/4 length. I have heard and experienced the MM SFC's. However, MM says that the full length give more support. Who is telling the truth? Both want to sell you their product so they will convience you theirs is better. Can some one who is not biased, tell me the real deal?

JC

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Both Griggs and MM have two types of subframe connects. Griggs has a 3/4 length and an in-floor model. MM has a 3/4 length and a full length model. I personally believe that both companies standard version which are the 3/4 length are approximately as strong as each other. The MM full length model is significantly stronger then their 3/4 length version so it should also be stronger then the equivalent Griggs version as well. The Griggs in-floor model is unquestionably stronger then the MM full length model, but requires extensive intrusive modification in order for it to be installed.

So in order of strength this is my understanding.
1) Griggs in-floor
2) MM full-length
3) MM and Griggs 3/4 Length

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
I know that the griggs in floor is pretty solid. I was just comparing the regular 3/4 length griggs to the full length MM SFC's. I guess I should stay with the MM full length subs. I like the ones I have on my 01 vert, but wanted to make the right choice when I get the 03 vert.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread