Full Length Subframes

1hot281

Established Member
So I'm looking at getting full length subframe connectors installed soon. But, i have a few questions and concerns.

For people here who have had subframes installed, was your car on a drive-on lift, or a lift using the traditional jacking spots (along the pinch welds)?

I've heard to only use a shop with a drive-on lift...

Also, what are some of you paying, parts and labor, for subframes?

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
I have no SFCs, but yes a drive on lift is best. Minimal twisting if any at all of the unibody, versus possible body twist using jack stands.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The car's weight has to be on the wheels like you are driving it. Drive on lift only, or somehow get it up on tall ramps or something.

Check out Maximum Motorsports' full length subframe connectors, that's what most guys get. Install should be less than $100 I'd imagine.

SpectorV

Established Member
use a drive on, it CAN be done on a 4 post but the gaps in the car have to be carefully taken into account and made perfect before weld, most shops wont take that type of time.

Use a drive on lift and be happy... if you have body sag a 4 post might can help in this case a bit i guess

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Only drive on lift., I knew a guy who did it on a regular lift , and after it was done, the door clunked when shut cause it was not aligned anymore :nonono: he was not happy

STG

Banned
Drive on, welded by SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE IT BEFORE.

If you can't do it on a drive on lift by an experienced welder, WAIT.

Be patient and get it done right.

jfsram

Established Member
If you can't do it on a drive on. Hold the weight of the car up by the suspension. Lower control arms in the front and under the rear axle.

Dans02gt

Established Member
Drive on lift, also you could save yourself some money if you pull out the carpet instead of having the shop pull it out. MMs are great i had them on my gt and now i got 6ft on the cobra vert and noticed a huge difference from the stock ones.

Users who are viewing this thread