Full CX intercooler kit

1AestheticCobra

Established Member
Anyone have luck with the full cx kit? I’ve seen guys using their universal set ups on their cars, but nothing about this specific one that appears to built right up? Just wondering if there’s anything to consider before I order it. Looking for a budget friendly kit due to kind making an impulse purchase prior to taking it to a tuner. Thanks.

Front Mount Intercooler Kit For 96-04 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 with Supercharger

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I've been running their kit for over 10 years. Never a issue. I DID NOT stick with their bov though. Sounded like a bird chirping every time I shifted gears. Drove me nuts very quick. Swapped to a Vortech Mondo and been happy ever since. The kit in the pictures 5 & 6 looks pretty close to mine. But my bov is actually between the blower and IC on the drivers side. My kit didn't come with the oil cooler for the power steering. That's kinda cool. I also had to use the aluminum Cobra style pipe for the last pipe going into the intake since it's oval. But now you can get round to oval silicone couplings. The kit is not a direct fit but pretty close. Gotta consider the MAF and IAT sensor locations. Mine did not come with IC brackets, I had to make my own. No big deal for me.

Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
The kit is for a 2v so the pipe to the throttle body needs to be reworked. I'm using the piping from that kit on my novi2000 setup but its pretty heavily modified. The piping and silicone couplers are pretty good quality but the clamps leave a little to be desired. I sold the intercooler and replaced it with a treadstone tr1245.

Users who are viewing this thread