full bolt on cobra clone wat u think

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
lol, the people who do this are trying to impress the rest of us yet the ones they are trying to impress can spot a fake right away

:rolleyes:

Infinite Logic Loop - Does Not Compute. Anal Blazer does not approve.

jayfitzy

Established Member
First off who cares what he put on HIS car. It is yours do what you want with it. That is not being a poser. Second, if SVT cobra's are sooo great, why do you SVT owners modify them. Again, who cares. It is your money spend it how you see fit. If this kid was trying to sell this car and was telling everyone it was a "real" cobra then I would take issue. I got more important thing to worry about than what badges he added to this car. Grow up. Now you want to talk about a real poser, guys that say they have medals they did not earn like the scumbags that claim to have a received a Congressional Medal of Honor when that person never ever wore the uniform, then I will take issue, that's a real poser. Rebadging a car is just a way to pays homage. NO BIG DEAL.

Now to the OP. You have some work cut out to get the lines right on your car, the paint to match, and the ride height needs adjustment (its too low). That is my 2 cents seeing how you asked for opinions.

Forza Aerospace

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, but it doesn't look like ANYTHING on the car fits right.

The Hood, Front bumper, Side skirts and rear bumper all look like they don't fit how they should.

-Sam

First thing that came to my mind when I looked at it. Wouldn't be all bad if everything fit/looked right. Also I don't really think the 03/04 Cobra wanabe wing looks very good without the brake light.

Forza Aerospace

Established Member
First off who cares what he put on HIS car. It is yours do what you want with it. That is not being a poser. Second, if SVT cobra's are sooo great, why do you SVT owners modify them. Again, who cares. It is your money spend it how you see fit. If this kid was trying to sell this car and was telling everyone it was a "real" cobra then I would take issue. I got more important thing to worry about than what badges he added to this car. Grow up. Now you want to talk about a real poser, guys that say they have medals they did not earn like the scumbags that claim to have a received a Congressional Medal of Honor when that person never ever wore the uniform, then I will take issue, that's a real poser. Rebadging a car is just a way to pays homage. NO BIG DEAL.

Now to the OP. You have some work cut out to get the lines right on your car, the paint to match, and the ride height needs adjustment (its too low). That is my 2 cents seeing how you asked for opinions.

That's why they are so great... beacause you CAN modify them so nicely!! :beer:

jayfitzy

Established Member
snakebitx1, and now you know why a lot of us get a GT. It also cost less so we have more money to modify it. I like the looks of a Cobras and I love the fact that mustangs can be easily modified as well.

Last edited:

RedFord96

Established Member
the chrome wheels definitely need more tire, i don't like the low profile look, your hood doesnt line up and the mach1 chin spoiler doesn't look right on the cobra bumper

Yeah... no offense but it looks like all the body parts are about to fall off. Plus there's that weird paint effect just below the door and above the side skirt. :dw: Not sure if that's the lighting or the paint. Don't know if you ever noticed:

X8m4i.jpg

looks good but the chrome wheels look better than the black wheels

+1

lol, the people who do this are trying to impress the rest of us yet the ones they are trying to impress can spot a fake right away

:rolleyes:

I figured those kind of people did it to impress others who wouldn't know the difference anyways, and hoped that those who DID know the differences wouldn't show up to expose their car as a fake. If you're going to make a clone, DO IT RIGHT. Cobra clones / Fobras can be just as cool... always interesting to be surprised when what looks EXACTLY like the real deal was actually a GT or V6 and had all the right parts swapped in the right way. Makes for a good story. But it's when you DON'T get it right that it makes you look like a tool. It makes you look like you're not knowledgeable about what a Cobra really is. And if you don't have the drivetrain, at least get the exterior 100% spot-on so nobody will ask you to pop the hood. :pop: But hey, at least it's not an obvious V6 or GT. Just get the body panels straightened up and it'll look killer.

Like the others have said, you'd probably be better off ditching the badges... but hey, your car... just don't be upset when real Cobra owners start bitching at you. :lol1:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Yeah... no offense but it looks like all the body parts are about to fall off. Plus there's that weird paint effect just below the door and above the side skirt. :dw: Not sure if that's the lighting or the paint. Don't know if you ever noticed:

X8m4i.jpg

Besides the obvious things already pointed out (tons of fail on this car), notice the paint doesn't seem to shine for crap? Look at the hood. It looks like flat paint!

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I have the cobra bumper and side skirts on my GT. I had to use the cobra bumper for the intercooler since where it was mounted, I wouldn't be able to run fog lights on the GT bumper. I ran the side skirts because I honestly think they look 1,000 times better than the GT set. My GT puts down 550+hp but will NEVER see a cobra emblem. I don't care if the car can beat a lot of cobra's, that doesn't make it one. If you are going to build a fake cobra and get respect you would need to go all out with the DOHC motor, T56, interior, etc. Until then all you have is a VERY poorly built 2V that looks like shit with cobra emblems on it. I usually wouldn't be this harsh but it looks like my 5 year old niece put every body panel on that car with duct dape. Readjust every panel and take the emblems off, it'll look a whole hell of a lot better.

1hot281

Established Member
I have the cobra bumper and side skirts on my GT. I had to use the cobra bumper for the intercooler since where it was mounted, I wouldn't be able to run fog lights on the GT bumper. I ran the side skirts because I honestly think they look 1,000 times better than the GT set. My GT puts down 550+hp but will NEVER see a cobra emblem. I don't care if the car can beat a lot of cobra's, that doesn't make it one.

:beer: See that's how you do things. If you like the look of the Cobra body lines, or need Cobra body components for various technical reasons... go for it! I have mad respect for fast GT's... and even more respect for the owners who are proud of that GT and represent it as what it is... a bad ass 2 valve! :bowdown:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
:beer: See that's how you do things. If you like the look of the Cobra body lines, or need Cobra body components for various technical reasons... go for it! I have mad respect for fast GT's... and even more respect for the owners who are proud of that GT and represent it as what it is... a bad ass 2 valve! :bowdown:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

haha thanks. I actually had the chance to switch to 4V when Shaun built my motor at AED but I declined. Hell even if I did I still wouldn't put those emblems on the car lol.

Users who are viewing this thread