Full bolt on cj, stall or do nothing else and go v3/2200???

clc44

Established Member
Hello,

I can't figure out what I want to do with my car. Goals are to have a fun dd that's quicker than most cars you see rolling around daily. Like m3, some amg's, stock c7, zl1, srt8 cars and stock early year gt500's. I just don't want to be another axle back tune 5.0. I want to have a little more punch under the hood.

Advice please, go full bolt on, cj intake w/ mono blade and stall or just save and strap on a v3 or 2200 blower and call it a day? Figure both would run close et's but blower car would trap better.

Thanks!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
If you want to go slow stay NA with bolton's... If you want to go fast, get a blower and E85.

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
Another thread about the CJ setup? Haha.

Tell you what CLC44, why don't you tell us your budget and how fast you want to go. We'll be able to point you in the right direction.

clc44

Established Member
My car with cobra jet, long tubes, 4c
About what I'd expect... Et is very good, but 118 would still get taken down by a lot of stock cars around here.
Same car, removed cobra jet, installed boss, TSS OPGs, Vortech v3. Same long tubes and 4c
That trap is more like it!!! I assume you like your v3?

Another thread about the CJ setup? Haha.

Tell you what CLC44, why don't you tell us your budget and how fast you want to go. We'll be able to point you in the right direction.
I didn't see a cj thread exactly like what I am asking. I'll save up if it means huge mph gains and a second in the 1/4 mile. Budget can be high enough the get blower, but I wouldn't want to keep spending and get a converter and long tubes. I'd just leave the rest as is.

20lbbooster

Established Member
Yeah, I've enjoyed the v3. It's actually coming off this week and I'm going bigger. Both of those slips above were run on 93 octane. Throw a little e85 + blower and I'm in the 9s in the 137-140mph ball park.

Without supercharger, turbo or nitrous you're not gonna get the mph you want. By the time you go full bolt on with cams and everything else....you will have just about spent as much as a blower. Maybe more if you include labor. Get the boost. You won't regret it.

I thought NA was gonna be enough for me, but it wasn't.

clc44

Established Member
Yeah, I've enjoyed the v3. It's actually coming off this week and I'm going bigger. Both of those slips above were run on 93 octane. Throw a little e85 + blower and I'm in the 9s in the 137-140mph ball park.

Without supercharger, turbo or nitrous you're not gonna get the mph you want. By the time you go full bolt on with cams and everything else....you will have just about spent as much as a blower. Maybe more if you include labor. Get the boost. You won't regret it.

I thought NA was gonna be enough for me, but it wasn't.

I'd probably do the same thing. The v3 can push the motor to its limits from what I read. 600ish would be plenty to hang with the lambo and Ferrari crowd here

Thanks for your help!! Any vids with the v3?

Big Q

Established Member
I went cj full bolt ons, 6 months later sold it all and went single turbo. Honestly after driving a boosted car any performance car that I may purchase in the future I would never go the NA route again. Nothing against guys that do but for a few thousand more a boosted car gives you way more return for your money...

clc44

Established Member
I went cj full bolt ons, 6 months later sold it all and went single turbo. Honestly after driving a boosted car any performance car that I may purchase in the future I would never go the NA route again. Nothing against guys that do but for a few thousand more a boosted car gives you way more return for your money...
Thanks everyone for making this an easy decision!!! I'll drive it and save up lol.

kdaly

Established Member

AGREEEEED, even my DD has a turbo and tune lol, cant beat boost

Users who are viewing this thread