Full Bassani exhaust system

cobra808

Established Member
Hey folks,

My boss has an 01 L and what's to install a full Bassani exhaust system....headers to cat-back.

He's running a smaller upper, a CAI and chip.

Any thoughts and places with good prices?

Thanks...WC

Chemicals_5000

Established Member
I have the full Bassani system, from the shorty ceramic headers to the tips to include cats. Sounds quiet at first but when its broken in, oooooh man, when you get on it, it will scare old people and children miles away. Good quality and though the headers were a pain in the ass, installation took about 8 hours. You have to drop one side of the motor to sqeeze the header in and replace all the studs. Allot of peopel will reccomend different long tube headers which are also a good choice.

The only complaint I have about the system is the tips became easily corroded and dull.

TXRickC

Established Member
I know of a couple guys who have had the full meal deal bassani set up, and they both had problems with the cats after they had been on for over a year. I recall reading this on one of the boards as well, you may want to check into it more.

If I had a chance to do so, I'd go with the Kooks long tubes and cats both from JDM, then pick up a Bassani cat back from one of their vendor's. Great setup, just wish I could afford to buy it :)

Cobra-R

Established Member
I have had the full Bassani setup on my 99 for 4 years now. No problems with anything about it, but I do think I lost some low end torque. Great quality and a great sound, but probly not worth the high price.

Brian

Justin@JDM

Established Member
cobra808,

I would not go with the full Bassani system. The shorty headers will net you about 5 horsepower if your lucky. For just about the same price you can go with our full exhaust system which includes long tube headers, high flow cats, x-pipe, dual mufflers, and tailpipes also all the hardware and gaskets. On the dyno you should see about 30 HP and 40-50 ft.lbs torque. Our system is $1895.00

Justin@JDM

cobra808

Established Member
Thanks guys for all your comments.

Keep them coming....it's been very helpful.

WC

Originally posted by Justin@JDM
Ryan,

What kind of experience do you have with Kooks headers. We have had no complaints with installation or fitment.

Justin@JDM

Justin,
Seriously dude don't bullshit me. I'm not out to attack you, and yes I know JDM has the most ten second trucks out there and so on...

I've used them on a lot of racecars and in general, they just don't make as much power, and they fall apart.

Specifically, there was a thread of about 30 Lightning owners complaining about the gaskets falling apart, falling out, whatever, and the consensus was Dynatechs were the way to go.

Have I actually installed either header on a Lightning? No, that I have not, but I can say that people who have say the Dynatechs are much easier to do.

Again, not an attack, but most people that have used the Kooks on the Lightning say they wouldn't use them again.

Ryan@SWL

Users who are viewing this thread