fuel

Fox&Cobra

Established Member
fuel upgrades?

well got a few questions about upgrading my fuel system on my car it currently , according to build sheet, has stock injectors and no boost-a-pump, but it did dyno on a mustang dyno at 722HP and 731TQ but was wondering if a pump boost or injectors were needed to be added for more HP im wanting to reach 800 on the ground future plans include a KB blower, the current mods list is

2013 gt500 with track package.

2.4 pulley
long tube headers
off road x pipe
no cats
stock mufflers
custom tuning
jlt cold air intake
throttle body (not sure on size)
mcleod twin disc clutch
11 inch pressure plate
4.10 gears
and steeda shifter.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You more than likely won't make 800whp on straight pump gas with a KB. You will get close with pump gas and Torco or meth injections. My best suggest is to do ID1300 injectors and a 20 volt competition BAP and run E85. If you're against E85 than you can just run MS109 or 100 octane and just do a BAP.

Fox&Cobra

Established Member
Well we have 110 octane down here next to a dirt track and I was wanting to get a tune for that after doing something with the injectors or fuel pump and thank you for replying another question I have is the Kenne bell I am wanting to get is the 3.2 or 3.6 liquid cooled after I do the injectors and pump upgrade what could be the HP on 110 octane with that? Or what would I need to do to reach 800 on the ground?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You can't go wrong with a 3.2 or 3.6, I'm sure you know with the 3.6 you will need the supersnake hood or a Shelby 1000 hood or a 4 inch cowl hood. So if you're looking to avoid that than buy a 3.2. Both blowers will get you to 800 whp on 110, just make sure it's not leaded fuel as that will kill your air fuel ratio sensors. If you're not going to run E85 than at most you will need ID1000s and 17 volt BAP (which will come in your KB kit you buy) also look into boostane or Torco to run with 91 or 93 octane and around 18psi you should hit 800whp.

Fox&Cobra

Established Member
Yea I'm not a fan of e85 but to each there own but it's not leaded I've looked before and just ID 1000 is all I'll need? Will it clear the stock blower that's on it now I plan on doing that before the 3.2 or 3.6 kb blower.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea I'm not a fan of e85 but to each there own but it's not leaded I've looked before and just ID 1000 is all I'll need? Will it clear the stock blower that's on it now I plan on doing that before the 3.2 or 3.6 kb blower.

I would do the ID1000s when you do the KB. The ID1000s are the same height as the stock injectors if that's what you're asking. And I would also do a BAP but when you buy a new KB kit it will come with BAP in the box.

Fox&Cobra

Established Member
So hold off and do it all at once if I'm understanding this correctly right? And yea the one I was looking at come the the 17v BAP

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So hold off and do it all at once if I'm understanding this correctly right? And yea the one I was looking at come the the 17v BAP

Don't get me wrong, you can put the ID1000s in right now if you want, but you're not going to pick up any more power off a bigger injector. I would just swap them in when you install the KB and yes the 17v BAP will come with your KB kit.

Are you leaning towards the 3.2?

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the 3.2 with the ID 1000. You pull the fuel lines anyway when removing the TVS so easy time to replace injectors.

Fox&Cobra

Established Member
I'm leaning towards the 3.6 just for the fact I want different hood also, and sounds like a plan I'll just wait and buy the injectors and then the hood then the blower and get everything swapped out. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread