fuel temp question

stal94gt

Established Member
im wanting to swap over to return fuel system using a divison x fuel rails and a kms tripple return fuel hat. i was wondering how hot the fuel gets running walbro gss342 fuel pumps. i know alot of people use fuel coolers but i was thinking running the 3 pumps over a big single would help keep the fuel temps down. i know the return line will still feed into the baffle so that will continue to heat the fuel up so maybe running a fuel hose out side of the baffle will help disperse the hot fuel.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
submerged pumps arent a problem. Running a huge external pump is where you have to start thinking fuel cooler.

stal94gt

Established Member
submerged pumps arent a problem. Running a huge external pump is where you have to start thinking fuel cooler.

that is what i was thinking. im not 100% sure i want to switch over to return fuel system because of the money, but my tuner said it would be in my favor to do it.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
that is what i was thinking. im not 100% sure i want to switch over to return fuel system because of the money, but my tuner said it would be in my favor to do it.

it's a breeze and nothing to be scared of. How much power are you wanting to make? my old return style twin ford gt pump, -8 line to fore rail setup was just at its max on my old 21 psi 2.3 whipple e85 setup making 700 rwhp. I only upgraded because I upgraded to the 2.9 whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread