Fuel Systems revisited

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
So I bought a lethal 1400hp fuel system kit but it is a deadhead setup. I would like to convert it to a parallel setup. Does anyone has pics. to how to set it up?
So far im ordering more fuel lines, fittings,
hobbs switch, and a Y block.

Is there anything else i might be missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Mine is run parallel also...make sure you feed the front and return out the rear. I run a -10 to a y block (feed) splits into dual -8 to front of each rail...then feed -8 to the regulator.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Do I need a fuel pump controller if im running dual pumps or I could just use a hobbs switch? Im such a fuel system noob!

Coonsnake

Established Member
I would run the Fore innovations controller, you can wire in a hobbs switch for the second pump. Fore has some really nice stuff and Justin the owner is full of knowledge. Give him a shout and he can walk you through it.

FWIW I was a newby to fuel systems until I done my cars system, once you understand whats going on its fairly simple.. Good luck

JD

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Mine is run parallel also...make sure you feed the front and return out the rear. I run a -10 to a y block (feed) splits into dual -8 to front of each rail...then feed -8 to the regulator.

Thanks guys for the info. coonsnake &blwn
Hey blwn04svtcobra do you have pics. of your fuel setup under the hood?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I spoke to Justin about running pumps full time and he told me they heat the fuel up too much if you run it full time. I would also like to see where you mounted Y block and regulator.

I run e85 so fuel heating isn't a issue for me. I'm going on 1 year of usage and haven't had a single issue minus the 2 465's crapping out.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Thanks guys for the info. coonsnake &blwn
Hey blwn04svtcobra do you have pics. of your fuel setup under the hood?

I can text you some later today if you want. 203-545-3730 is my cell #. My feeds and return both run on driver side...I have a Y block right after the opening under the master cylinder on driver side fender apron. It's all tucked nice and neat out of sight as well...only thing you can see is the regulator.

Blackmax

Established Member
I can text you some later today if you want. 203-545-3730 is my cell #. My feeds and return both run on driver side...I have a Y block right after the opening under the master cylinder on driver side fender apron. It's all tucked nice and neat out of sight as well...only thing you can see is the regulator.

Where did you mount regulator?

Blackmax

Established Member
did ya' ever get your system installed? just curious

Yes ,my system is in. I have a few small things to do then I can pressure test and check for leaks. Then I can get the blower mounted and take in for a new tune. You can p.m. me if you have any questions.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I'll get you those pics tonight pal...I went to Ohio for the weekend with the wife.

Users who are viewing this thread