Fuel system???

sled

Established Member
well my name on the corral doesn't seem to work anymore, so I'll ask here. when are you guys maxing out the stock fuel lines. My car has an In tank walbro pump with a in line pump also. I still use the stock lines all the way up to the fender then it's switched to AN lines with a holley regulator and holley rails. I know the stock fuel rails start to run out of fuel in 500rwhp area but what about the tank and lines?? I have a sump tank laying around and was wondering if I should put it in. I don't know if I need it. I have no idea how much power my car puts down, but i was thinking about putting a bigger head unit on it. right now it's a 331 with an S-trim. It made 462rwhp on 6 psi which i though was pretty good. I put a power pipe on it with a 2.85 pulley and my 42lbs injectors were coming up a little short with fuel so I know it's making some power. I'm switching to 60lbs injectors, meth, and I was thinking about a T-trim with about 15psi.

buddha93

Established Member
If your looking at those parts, I'd say it's time to upgrade. I don't know the rest of your combination, but the blower and injectors by themselves without the meth will take you north of 550rwhp. Toss in the meth and your looking at minimum of another 50rwhp to that.

Like me, I'm sure you've heard of all the guys making huge numbers on the stock fuel lines, but IMO it's not worth the gamble. A simple -8an feed with a -6an return will take you a long ways toward making some decent power without worrying about smoking a motor because of a lack of fuel. With the proper sized lines, you don't have to run a ton of FP, which means less work for the pump(s).

Users who are viewing this thread