Fuel system

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
:EDIT:
Hear is my theoretical set up

what about running Dual GT pumps in both sides of the tank with -8 running from both hats to a y block then a -10 to the front of the car to a y block to two -8 to each rail then out the front of the rails to a regulator than a -6 or -8 return to the back of the car to a y block and then back to each side of the tank. It sounds like a lot of work but I think this would be the ultimate fuel system for high horsepower S197 cars. Also if that ever wasn't enough fuel you could ad BAP's to the setup and have basically unlimited fuel.

My dads GT500 is maxing out the pumps and we are trying to figure out what to do with the fuel system. The next step for this car will be ported heads, cams, built short block and either a Whipple 3.4 or KB 2.8 and we are keeping the spray (over 1000 at the wheels). We drag race this car as well as open track so we cant have a fuel system that is going to heat up the fuel and vapor lock the system or have pumps that have low duty cycle. We are basically looking for the best of two worlds, crank up the boost add slicks skinnies and a bottle and up the boost for the strip and take the boost down put on some road race slicks and run at the road course.

Also does anyone make fuel rails that fit the Shelby yet?

Is this possible?

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

Greg@RET

Established Member
KB BAP, you could also run some -8 fuel lines, and run a bigger fitting off the hat. Since everything is out might was well delete the PPRV. If you still need some more get some fuel rails.

When you build the motor and go big, return fuel.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
KB dual bap, and 60lb injectors all though regular 60lbers won't work, you will have to get a shorty style to fit. should be good for around 900~(just guessing) any bigger than that i think you might have to go returnless.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
You'll need bigger injs than 60s with 1000+whp.
If you haven't run bigger lines and rails(when they come out) that would be a good place to start I'd think. Data log your system after the upgraded lines to see where you stand.
That KB dual BAP sounds like a possible fix as well.

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
i say go turbo once you get it built!

I am still trying to convince him to go turbo!!!

FEARSNO1 said:
KB dual bap, and 60lb injectors all though regular 60lbers won't work, you will have to get a shorty style to fit. should be good for around 900~(just guessing) any bigger than that i think you might have to go returnless.

What kind of power is the KB bap set-up good to?

Tomorrow I am modding the hat to take a -8an line and putting 3/8 in in place of all of the stock flex line.

100_3959.gif

Thanks for the pic Greg

Greg@RET

Established Member
No problem. :beer:

Make sure you also use fuel inj. hose clamps to tighten everything up. The worm clamps will cut through the hose.

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Greg 1320' said:
No problem. :beer:

Make sure you also use fuel inj. hose clamps to tighten everything up. The worm clamps will cut through the hose.

LINK
I think that we are going to go with this for now, and also we can put this same set-up on the passenger side and double the fuel delivery:pepper:. maybe we can run stupid power and not have to use noisy in-line pumps and a return set-up, my dad does not want to use a return system because I have not been able to find one that will fit a 05+ tank. Has anyone ever seen a return system on a 05+ car?

R1Lello

Established Member
11ride4life said:
My dads GT500 is maxing out the pumps and we are trying to figure out what to do with the fuel system. The next step for this car will be ported heads, cams, built short block and either a Whipple 3.4 or KB 2.8 and we are keeping the spray (over 1000 at the wheels). We drag race this car as well as open track so we cant have a fuel system that is going to heat up the fuel and vapor lock the system or have pumps that have low duty cycle. We are basically looking for the best of two worlds, crank up the boost add slicks skinnies and a bottle and up the boost for the strip and take the boost down put on some road race slicks and run at the road course.

Also does anyone make fuel rails that fit the Shelby yet?

Is this possible?

Thanks for the advice.

Ford GT pumps have more capacity I believe...........so where are the 1/4 mile times?? I know you were going after Evo's records and hated them jumping in you posts.............???? Any good times yet??

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
A 1000 hp road racer. That will be interesting.

He said they would run lower boost for that. With 1000, you'd be off the track real fast. You'd be massivly overpowering the chassis.

SlowSVT

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
He said they would run lower boost for that. With 1000, you'd be off the track real fast. You'd be massivly overpowering the chassis.

.......and how!

I would bring it back down to stock hp or less. Road racing beats the snot out of your engine.

A 1000 hp. That's funny

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
.......and how!

I would bring it back down to stock hp or less. Road racing beats the snot out of your engine.

A 1000 hp. That's funny

But also don't forget that (1000 +) wont be until the built motor goes in, we are not trying to scatter this motor even though we probably will:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread