fuel system

FastFord19

Established Member
I'm going to get my car tuned soon, but I want to make sure I have everything I need before I go up there. I dont want to pay to get it tuned twice. Will I max out my fuel system?

2000 GT
D1 3.0 Pulley
42lb injectors with a blow thru stock MAF.
255 intake fuelpump.
40a Boost A Pump.

FastFord19

Established Member
well Im looking for around 520rwhp, What would max out first, injectors or the fuelpump?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
255? Is that a Walbro one? Tell you what, go get some 55 or 60 pound injectors and either a Ford GT pump or the dual 03-04 Cobra pumps and you'll perfectly fine. I maxed out 42lb injectors with the 03 pumps at 550rwhp. So if you stick with them, you'll be greater than the .80% duty cycle for the 42lb injectors. You would be if you made 520rwhp 94.5%. Are you still returnless or did you go return style?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I would be a little worried with that Walbro pump in there, since it's made for return-style and not returnless like the Aviator, Ford GT, & 03-04 Cobra pumps. Some it works on, but I really wouldn't want to fail on you when you are in boost. Get a different pump and up the injectors if you are for sure going to be making around 520rwhp or so and you'll be just fine with a good tune for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread