Fuel system upgrades

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I'm eventually going procharged, and in order to "do this right" I'm going to make the rest of the car bulletproof first. I've decided to tackle the fuel system. My goals are 600rwhp, but honestly...I'll probably fall short and hang out around 500rwhp. What's the hot ticket for this?

I'm thinking

'03 cobra tank

'03 cobra hat/pumps

BAP

Is this going to be enough? For my power goals should I bother with a return style system? Should I be using a fore hat and big azz walbro pumps? Comments on the BAP?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I think you got it figured out though I don't know if the stock 03 pumps will make 600 rwhp with a BAP, but they'll definitely do 500.

If you are getting closer to 600, upgrade to SVT Focus or GT pumps with the same setup.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Go with twin GT pumps and the wire upgrade. I've been running that set up for a few years now. I never had problems and I still have the stock FPDM.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Not in my case. And I ran the GT pumps without the wire upgrade for awhile. I wanted the upgraded FPDM, but when I was looking they were on national back order. And since I never had a problem I never bothered to buy one.

2001cobravert

Established Member
I think you nailed it. I would get the gt pumps if I were you. Why risk getting on the dyno only to realize that you maxed the pumps out? Even if you stop at 500 hp, those gt pumps will leave you room to grow. When I was running that setup I went with dual fpdm's to be safe.

Do you have a built bottom end?

Users who are viewing this thread