Fuel system setup for e85. Tuning issue

vic_s197

Established Member
So my cars pretty much done its an 05 mustang gt with a built motor (10:0.1) with stage 2 blower cams, ported heads, intake, with an F1A prochager. Anyways they just finished installing the cog setup yesterday which looks sick by the way. So I bought the jpc racing triple pump return style system about 2 months ago and dropped it off at the shop lastnight. So got a call this morning from my tuner and he said he wasn't to comfortable running this kind of fuel system on my car for a couple of reasons. The kit came with 8an feed line and a 6an return line. He said it would need either an 8 or 10 return line to keep up with the fuel system. 2nd he preferred to use a y block this kit doesn't run one, and 3rd one I didn't understand too well but he said with fuel getting dumped into both rails he was worried some of the cylinders would get less fuel then others and could cause problems later on, and wouldn't be able to diagnose which cylinders would have the issue. So I'm stuck right now I'm not sure if I should just tell him to install it or not. He just said he would never install a kit like this on his cars but if I wanted he would install it for me. Any ideas?

vic_s197

Established Member
He's done a lot of the work on my car, and he knows what he's doin I trust him 100% with my car, I just want some opinions from u guys on what to do

Z06KILLR

Established Member
A -8 feed and a -6 return is plenty big enough. I have the same lines of my car and do not have any issue.

Y the feed from the pump into the back of each rail, and then come out the front of the rail, 180 AN fitting to the back of the engine/towards the firewall and Y both lines into a single line, run the single line into a fuel pressure regulator (or you can go from the back of each rail to the frp, but i used one for cleanliness/less hoses). from the fpr go to the tank. My fpr is mounted on the rh shock tower.

Here is a pic

Close.jpg

So my cars pretty much done its an 05 mustang gt with a built motor (10:0.1) with stage 2 blower cams, ported heads, intake, with an F1A prochager. Anyways they just finished installing the cog setup yesterday which looks sick by the way. So I bought the jpc racing triple pump return style system about 2 months ago and dropped it off at the shop lastnight. So got a call this morning from my tuner and he said he wasn't to comfortable running this kind of fuel system on my car for a couple of reasons. The kit came with 8an feed line and a 6an return line. He said it would need either an 8 or 10 return line to keep up with the fuel system. 2nd he preferred to use a y block this kit doesn't run one, and 3rd one I didn't understand too well but he said with fuel getting dumped into both rails he was worried some of the cylinders would get less fuel then others and could cause problems later on, and wouldn't be able to diagnose which cylinders would have the issue. So I'm stuck right now I'm not sure if I should just tell him to install it or not. He just said he would never install a kit like this on his cars but if I wanted he would install it for me. Any ideas?

Last edited:

vic_s197

Established Member
Thanks a lot man that makes sense to me now. I'm pretty new when it comes to the return style setup. Il be talking to him tomorrow and Il let him no what u said and see what he thinks.

Z06KILLR

Established Member
GLad I could help. Let me know how it goes and best of luck

Thanks a lot man that makes sense to me now. I'm pretty new when it comes to the return style setup. Il be talking to him tomorrow and Il let him no what u said and see what he thinks.

vic_s197

Established Member
Well I talked to the guys at jpc and my tuner, he's gunna send them the fuel system and there gunna set it up with bigger feed/ return lines and add a y block with a couple different fittings, and there also switching out the 3 400 walbros with the 455's only cuz there e85 compadable. Some of those changes were not really necessary but that's the only way the guy tuning my car feels comfortable with, and glad jpc was really good working with us to get this figured out.

Crazy88

Established Member
A -8 feed and a -6 return is plenty big enough. I have the same lines of my car and do not have any issue.

Y the feed from the pump into the back of each rail, and then come out the front of the rail, 180 AN fitting to the back of the engine/towards the firewall and Y both lines into a single line, run the single line into a fuel pressure regulator (or you can go from the back of each rail to the frp, but i used one for cleanliness/less hoses). from the fpr go to the tank. My fpr is mounted on the rh shock tower.

Here is a pic

Close.jpg

Damn that's clean

Users who are viewing this thread