Fuel System for Turbo Application - Questions ???

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I am in the process of updating my fuel system to support the power once the TT kit is installed in a few weeks. Here are the components currently in the car:

97 Cobra
Twin 61mm GT35R's
Stock intake
Ported Heads
Stage 1 blower specific cams (may change back to stock at some point)
Dynamic Racing C-4 Tranny with transbrake

Fuel system:
-8 lines from pump to rails
60 lb injectors (will upgrade to either 72lb or 83 lb injectors at some point)
-6 lines from rails to FPR
Weldon 2040 FPR
-6 line return to sumped tank
40 and 10 micron inline filters before and after the fuel pump

I recently sold my Weldon 2015 fuel pump to move onto something bigger that will support power in the 700-900 RWHP range. I would like to get away from having to go to a 2025 or 2345 Weldon pumps and having to use a voltage regulator to drive it on the street every once in a while and would love to move to a quieter continuous duty type pump. Now I want to get opinions on which one of these two choices to go to or what else you could suggest to reach my goal:

Twin Weldon 600A pumps rated at 60GPH @ 60 psi

or

Twin Bosch (044) pumps rated at 390 lph @ 42 psi

Both of those pumps are rated for continuous duty and do not have to be gravity fed all of which would make for a more driver friendly setup.

Opinions would be appreciated !!!

Boostfreak

Banned
I would def. run 75lb. injectors if your wanting to make over 800 hp to the ground. Dont run the silver looking fuel lines, because if you store it in a garage, or leave it outside it will reek of fuel odor unless that kind of smell is ok with you. Im running the black braided fuel lines on my setup, which is a little more expensive but, worth the price.

mustarrosa

Established Member
I would get the Weldon 2035 or '45 and run the Weldon Pulse Modulator for quiet operation at idle...I don't care what company says about their "continuous duty" pumps..for street use they don't exist without help..I had a BG King Sumo and it fried and froze up on me...only about 500 to 750 miles on it and on my street car..

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
mustarrosa said:
I don't care what company says about their "continuous duty" pumps..for street use they don't exist without help..I had a BG King Sumo and it fried and froze up on me...only about 500 to 750 miles on it and on my street car..

i have had 2 Weldon 600-A's on my street car for about 2500 miles and no problems.

Nate

mustarrosa

Established Member
HellionCobra said:
i have had 2 Weldon 600-A's on my street car for about 2500 miles and no problems.

Nate
Obviously the brand does matter..I am just having all sorts of issues with my return style system since day one and "thought" I had a killer pump with the King Sumo..till it burned up..so I am not at all enamoured with these continuous duty claims..BTW I have a Weldon on mine now

Users who are viewing this thread