fuel system for e85

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
dont bash me too hard guys, trying to get an idea on what im doing with this magic fuel.

im in the middle of a single t76 build aiming for 700+ @20psi to the wheel. id like to run e85.

for a fuel system, ive got an a1000 picked out, -10 feed, -8 to aeromotive rails, 80lb injectors, aeromotive regulator, -8 return.

should i be decent with this setup for my power goals?

buying e85 at $2.80 (or less) vs buying race fuel at $6.00+ a gallon is an obvious choice.

Thanks for the help

SSeatr

Established Member
i am on the same road as you in the middle of a twin 61 turbo setup amongst other things.

i think you should be good, i have 80lb injectors also..i bought these with intentions on tuning with gas and race gas, but since my build has taken me over 1.5 years E85 is the smarter more intelligent way to go now. ive been told the 80lbers will be good to 700+ but larger injector would be better.

personally i would like to get my hands on some ID1000's :)

but yea your setup should be good i dont see anything wrong with it, maybe go bigger on injectors in the future though when you want more power

kleistang

Established Member
subscribing. my car hasn't even arrived jet but i'm switching it to e85 as soon as it gets here. im assuming the car has 2 gt supercar pumps, boost a pump, -8 line to the front fore fuel rails and 80lbs injectors

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
subscribing. my car hasn't even arrived jet but i'm switching it to e85 as soon as it gets here. im assuming the car has 2 gt supercar pumps, boost a pump, -8 line to the front fore fuel rails and 80lbs injectors

Should be sufficient. I know of a couple guys running this setup on blower cars and it's just enough @ the 700hp level.

To the OP, it should be plenty for a turbo car. They don't use as much fuel as a 700HP blower car so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Thanks Hmbre97. Its quite a difference between 80# and 105# injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread