Fuel system complete and WOW at the results!

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
So like it says, the shop and myself finished the return system and intake build on my 04. I was running a Steeda CAI and stock fuel system with a MAFia. I was pushing a crazy 23 psi (previous owner did this, I fixed it now). I put the NEXTGEN 12" High Boost intake from JLT and a bigger upper. after geting my 580RWHP results I was ok but not crazy happy because was at 587 rwhp before. Then the details came out. the car was running too rich before today, pushing too much boost, fun to drive but wasnt where it needed to be. Now I am at a beautiful AF range, running 15 lbs... that 15 lbs of boost, and it is possibly the most enjoyable car i have ever driven. i dropped 8 psi and didnt lose hardly any power but have a much safer and more enjoyable car to drive! I am very happy. And the JLT looks great under the hood!

gabe1530

Banned
the previous owner was running 23 psi on pump gas??? :burn:

glad everything is fixed and it is safe! did you get the 580hp heat soaked / run after run?
post up a pic of the new jlt installed.
:beer:

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
Yeah. I rescued it from him. hadent been driven much or taken care of as well as I think it should have. Paint defects and chrome wheels were horrible. needed TLC for sure. its low mileage and i had it scoped out good and the engine is in great shape so i wasnt worried about the high boost. The runs were performed during tuning and it actually almost hit 600. When i got there to pick it up I test drve t for about 15 minutes. We decided to chang a couple small things in the tune for better driving and when we got back to the shop it was after hours. So he asked if i wanted to see it on the dyno and we rolled it up. thats the 580 number. I have a sheet for 598 but this is more real i think. Ill throw some pics on soon for sure!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread