Fuel Sys/Suspension/Blower Q's & opinions needed from y'all...

Lightnin440

Established Member
Hey guys...

Well, finally getting some go-fast-cash saved up to get some goodies for the car...at a crossroad on a few things & figured I would ask some opinions...

1) Fuel System - wanting to upgrade to a return style setup with ID1300's. I want e85/pump compatibility. Heard good things about the division X as well as the JPC units. Good friend of mine is using the 3x 465lph Walbro setup on his '12 F1C Procharged Coyote making over 1,000rwhp on corn. Yes, it is overkill, and of course not pushing the limits...but my plans on this motor are to go towards 850ish rwhp, and then build a 5.8 shortblock with possibly a 4.5 Whipple on top with a goal of over 1,000rwhp. So...I would like to "once-and-done" this system, and based on what I've seen, the 3x 465 JPC setup looks great. Thoughts???

2) Suspension - Looking to lose the SVTPP suspension in favor of street/strip goodies. Including springs, shocks, LCA's, UCA (possibly), and panhard bar. I've decided I want the '13 CJ springs, but totally torn on what shocks/struts to use. Has anyone used the Ford Racing CJ shock set? Tousley has it for $860 shipped, and while that does seem like a lot, I really am lost on what way to go for a good set of street/strip shocks. With LCA's and the Panhard bar, I have heard great things about Maximum Motorsports and BMR. I've read the MM LCA's are awesome, and don't increase NVH. But I know the BMR pieces get a lot of reviews too. Thoughts??

3) Blower - Sooo...currently, I have the 2.9 Whipple to use on my stock shortblock...incoming mods for this motor over the winter are cams, ARH 2" (recommended since I'll be going over 800rwhp/20psi) LT's, 15% OD, Shelby H/E, 55gpm I/C pump. Now that I've found a cowl hood I want, it frees me up for when I build the 5.8/4.5 combo...but in the meantime part of me has begun debating parting with the 2.9 in favor of a 3.4 on this motor since it will be pump/e85 on the stock short block. I really want to push this 2.9 on pump, and common sense tells me to keep the 2.9 for this motor and worry about buying another compressor when I do the 5.8. Truthfully I am wondering if it would even be worth going 2.9 to 3.4 from a cost/gains standpoint. Anyone else made the jump? Research has shown me that the 3.4's efficiency range makes it just about the best overall pump gas blower (with good e85 capability) for stock block cars. Thoughts??

Thanks y'all and sorry for such a long thread lol But I appreciate any and all thoughts/opinions on these topics!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread