Fuel siphoning recommendations

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Hey guys,

I need to get my fuel tank down out of my car because the pump shit out on me. Bad news is it's full. And I don't have any help dropping the tank.

Any recommendations on an electric or pump siphon that won't leave me with gasoline breath?

Thanks!!!!

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Get yourself a long piece of clear 3/8" inch plastic tubing and a foot long piece of three quarter inch hose. Snake the plastic tubing into the gas tank and put the open end in a container of your choice. Place the hose into the tank opening next to the plastic tubing, leaving about six inches hanging out. Place a rag around both the tubing and hose to seal the opening and then blow into the hose putting pressure into the gas tank. It won't take much to get the gas flowing out of the tube. Have all your containers ready so you can just pinch the tube and move on to the next container. I've done it this way for many years, with no mess or gas breath.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Awesome thank you! Are you getting the hose at Lowe's or advance auto or something?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I couldn't get a small hose in the neck of my Shelby after several attempts .
Went to orielys & got a small hand pump. Took the fill hose loose at the tank, pumped it out that way.
After a few pumps, the pump was primed & all the fuel flowed without having to keep pumping on it.
Just another option if plan A doesn't work.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Gas%20tank%20siphon%20004_zpsgtjxg7rj.jpg

jblood37

Established Member
Returnless or return I would drain at the filter.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That's kinda what I was getting at. With my return system I just disconnect my line at the filter and turn the key on. You could also use the siphoning method as described. I've done it that way too except I used my shop air to blow into tank.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cmac29

Established Member
If both pumps are completely dead you have an electrical issue or fpdm. Have you tried to bypass the fpdm and see if they work? Also could be the emergency shutoff. I have never heard of both pumps completely dieing. Maybe one but not both.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread