Fuel Shutoff? (accident story)

DrTaco

Established Member
Hey all,

Got in an accident last night. Ended up "360ing" across 2 lanes of traffic and into a ditch. No other cars/poles involved, NO body damage at all to her, not even a scratch, except to two rims/tires that took the impact of a curb.

Anyways, no visable damage to engine, engine compartment, or any type of fluids leaking at all. Battery power is 100% on all accessories. But, the car just won't start! Last night it turned over and the rpms would go up and down, and today in the lot it won't even turn over! One of the towtruck drivers was telling me that Ford has a fuel shutoff when it sensed an accident, I had never heard of this. Has anyone else?

Oh yeah, I'm fine..haha! Very lucky about the "no scratch" deal, just concerned about the axles and the seemingly perfect engine not starting. Hope none of you ever have to have the feeling of 360ing across 2 lanes! Thanks in advance and drive safe.

Mark

There's a little but in the rear of the car. Its underneath the vehicle. It looks like a 'black box.' Its a fuel cut off switch. Push it and the car should start.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Yep, it's in the trunk behind the driver side panel. little red button. I had mine shut off one time when my subframe bolts broke and the diff dropped while I was driving

DrTaco

Established Member
Hey,
Thanks guys. I'll check it out tomorrow when I can get back on the lot. Love this site!!

SicStang- Sheesh man, sounds like you went through a rougher time than I did!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hey,
Thanks guys. I'll check it out tomorrow when I can get back on the lot. Love this site!!

SicStang- Sheesh man, sounds like you went through a rougher time than I did!

I remember when SicStang was goin' through that...what a mess...

Users who are viewing this thread