Fuel setup/ Modifying the Fore hat

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
Hi, I have a few questions in regards to my fuel system and possibly modifying the Fore hat if anybody has any experience with one. The current specs on my car are as follows:
2001 GT: MMR shortblock, Patriot heads, crower blower cams, Victor Jr intake with 6061 4150 hat, 75mm throttle body, D1sc with 3core sheetmetal IC. ZEX wet kit, Snow Meth kit with boost reference.

My fuel system right now consists of: 03/04 tank with stock cobra pumps, modified FPDM, 40A BAP, stock fuel line, Edelbrock rails with 60lb injectors.

On the Dyno, the car ran out of fuel on boost only (20psi) around 6400-6500rpm. I'm looking to rev the car to 7000rpm plus spray a 75-100shot on top of that. Whatever I do to upgrade the fuel system, I only want to do it once and then be done with it.

My father is going with a return style Aeromotive setup in his GT500, and he has offered me the dual FPDM, dual GT500 pumps, and Competition BAP from his car (supported 950rwhp safely with 80lb injectors in his car).

My plan was to swap the pumps and BAP, install the dual FPDMs, run 8 gauge wiring were needed, and run 8an line all the way to the rails. Here is my dilemma: I know that people have run the GT500 pumps (same as focus and aviator) in the stock cobra hat, but I would really like to use the Fore hat for the simple 8an connector, PPRV delete, and wiring/build quality. I emailed Fore asking them if their hat would work with GT500 pumps and they replied that it will only work with GT pumps. I know people run GT pumps in their stock cobra hat, as well as GT500 pumps, so I was hoping that they were somewhat interchangeable. Has anyone used a pump other than the GT pumps in the Fore hat, or know if it is possible to make it work? Are the dimensions between the two really that far apart? If I can make the Fore hat work with the GT500 pumps I'd be ecstatic (free is always better than $300+).

Also, If I do end up using the stock hat, how much power are people squeezing out of the stock hat/line combo? I could upgrade to 8an line using Lethal Performance's adapter, but it seems kind of pointless to me since I would still be pushing it through the stock hat outlet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Oliver

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread