Fuel relay info

JeffsLightning

Established Member
First off let me state that this is the way I'm going on what fuel relays will be in my Lightning...Lightnings have 2 relays by the brake booster/master cylinder. I know of a few guys who have had bad new relays so here is another option. My L has twin Walbros with 60lb injectors and a few weeks ago I had some low fuel pressure issues. At first I thought in was the stepdown ceramic resistor up front but it was good..Next I thought maybe a relay was bad and bought some brand Ford ones that were made in Canada for Ford...I put them in and still had the issues..Now I'm thinking maybe the stock fuel pressure regulator is bad but that was not the problem. I then checked the fuel pressure sending unit and it was good. Well guess what the most difficult option left was? Yep fuel pumps. Thought maybe a line was bad or the stock Y fitting failed...Now I'm getting ready to pull the fuel tank to check the pumps and I thought just for the heck of it I would put a couple more new relays in. This time these relays which have the same rating but made by Bosch in Germany. I'm not dissing the Ford (Canada) ones but for me I think the Bosch units are better..Not to mention they cost only 3.61 each...I bought 10 of them in case some of my buddies at the track have some weird fuel issues..:B2: Here is a picture of the 2 side by side...
789701_39_full.jpg

789701_40_full.jpg

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Good info! Got the part number for the Bosch relay? You can also use a jumper in a pinch to make the pumps run full speed.

Yep...here ya go Bosch PART # 0 332 209 151

Users who are viewing this thread