Fuel regulator fitment

65wildstang

Established Member
Made some progress over the weekend. Set the Whipple on to see how I needed to run my fuel lines. Have some more fittings on the way from Fore. I plan on running a supply line for each fuel rail and a return line from the front of each rail to each side of the regulator. Then return to the tank. My issue is I want my regulator under the hood and preferably behind the shock tower! Anyone have any pics or advice on regulator location? Thanks
20220724_181533.jpeg
20220724_181617.jpeg
20220724_181553.jpeg
20220724_181654.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you going to feed the rails from the front or back? I think it's going to be hard to have two lines going to the regulator in that spot cleanly.

01yellercobra

Established Member
When I did my buddies car I set it up to feed from the passenger side front rail, crossover in the back, and a return line from driver side rail to the regulator that's mounted to the shock tower under the intake. We covered the return line in black heat sleeve. You don't even know it's there.

Just food for thought.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I never could find a good spot on the shock towers for my regulator. I made a temporary bracket for now that mounts where all the EGR crap use to be. I’m also dead-headed using the stock rails. I was in the same predicament as you but said F it. Top right of the pic….

Attachments

• 495FE9F8-FE0D-4811-ABAC-CB17893214B2.jpeg
    495FE9F8-FE0D-4811-ABAC-CB17893214B2.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 56

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the lethal kit you had to put it in the back corner of the fender on the driver side. I dont have any issues with it, just would be nice to not be heat soaking in the engine compartment

DCguy

Established Member
You'd have to run a 180 degree fitting off each rail in order to mount the regulator behind the shock tower. On driver's side it would be slammed back there behind the hydroboost. On the pass side there's not much room either unless you delete the AC canister and mount it there.

Personally, i'd move the battery to the trunk and mount the regulator there. Tons of room and the lines would come off the front of the rails with a simple 90 or 45 degree into the regulator. However, then you always have underhood temps to deal with heating up the fuel.

I'm going to try mounting mine to the MAF tubular front bar underneath the passenger side headlight and try that out.

Users who are viewing this thread